ATLANTA, March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Engage, the largest strategic grouping of major corporations in an independent venture fund, today announced eight companies selected to participate in the spring 2018 go-to-market growth program.
Leaders from these companies include serial entrepreneurs, first-time founders and founders listed on Forbes' "30 Under 30." The technologies they are pioneering span from autonomous flight, to artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain. These companies are based across the country, from San Francisco to Tampa Bay, including three from Atlanta.
This impressive group of companies join Engage with already over $1 million in annual revenue on average, and with an average of more than $3.5 million in venture funding to-date.
"Bringing top executives from our corporate partners together with founders of high-growth companies to focus on go-to-market strategies has unlocked immense value," said Thiago Olson, Managing Director of Engage Ventures. "We're impressed by the talent pulled together this spring."
The new Engage portfolio includes:
- Dev/Con (Memphis, Tenn.) — SaaS-based cyber security software that eliminates advertising fraud.
- Homee (Tampa Bay, Fla.) — On-demand, home servicing app that provides instant access to handymen, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing providers.
- Intrinio (Tampa Bay, Fla.) — FinTech marketplace with access to more than 200 financial data feeds that cover 350,000 global securities.
- Pryon (Seattle, Wash.) — Developers of an AI platform with the accuracy and security features necessary for enterprise applications.
- Stord (Atlanta, Ga.) — Real-time global warehousing network that connects independent, third-party warehouses via an enterprise software platform to drive inventory efficiency.
- SkyRyse (San Francisco, Calif.) — Delivering autonomous flight technologies to revolutionize on-demand transportation.
- ThingTech (Atlanta, Ga.) — IoT service platform that connect assets, fleets, heavy equipment, sensors, machines and mobile workforces in real-time.
- Verady (Atlanta, Ga.) — Combines blockchain and industry thought leadership to bring accounting and audit technology to cryptocurrencies.
"This cohort builds on the success of Engage's fall 2017 efforts, which are intended to provide a world-class program for high-potential start-ups," said Martin L. Flanagan, president and CEO of Invesco and chairman of Engage. "In a short period of time, the fall cohort's activity led to 24 signed contracts between the startups and our corporate partners and $18 million in closed financings. On average, our startups have experienced an additional $400,000 in projected revenue for 2018."
"Investing with Engage has allowed us to tap the latest in disruptive technologies and look for potential collaborations with our own digital transformation efforts," said Christian Fischer, president and CEO of Georgia-Pacific. "This program model is working – the caliber of innovation that these companies have brought to the table has been impressive."
About Engage Ventures
Engage Ventures is a growth program backed by a venture fund that gives entrepreneurs what they need most—customers and market access. Engage Ventures' founding partners contributing capital, expertise, time and resources include AT&T, Chick-fil-A, Cox Enterprises, Delta Air Lines, Georgia Tech, Georgia-Pacific, Georgia Power Foundation, Inc., Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), Invesco Ltd., Tech Square Ventures, The Home Depot and UPS. These corporate partners, along with the Georgia Institute of Technology's Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) and Tech Square Ventures, provide tools, hands-on support and resources that help companies develop go-to-market strategies, open doors faster and transform strategies into action. Headquartered in Georgia Tech's Technology Square. For more information, visit engage.vc.
SOURCE Engage Ventures