NEW YORK, June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- McGraw-Hill Construction's Engineering News-Record (ENR) and the Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) will connect construction project owners with industry professionals at the 4th annual ENR-CURT Construction Business Forum on June 15-16, 2010, at the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, VA. Keynote and panel discussions about the construction industry's "Road to Recovery" will highlight strategies for growth in 2010 and beyond.
Construction project owners, government officials, general contractors, specialty contractors, engineers, architects, and building product manufacturers will network to share post-recession strategies and analyze changes and progress over the past year. Industry leaders will discuss keys to enhancing productivity, how technology is changing project management, workplace safety, and the impact of the economy and new government policies on the construction industry.
Keynote speakers include top government officials such as David Michaels, Assistant Secretary of Labor and Administrator, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA); Greg Nadeau, Deputy Administrator, Federal Highway Administration; and Adam Namm, Acting Director, Department of State Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations. Robert Murray, McGraw-Hill Construction's Vice President of Economic Affairs, will provide a midyear update to the 2010 Outlook Report, a closely watched industry forecast.
Other prestigious speakers include:
- Larry Burton, Executive Director, Business Roundtable
- Michael DiNapoli, VP and General Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region, Suffolk Construction
- Susan Fitzsimmons, Senior Manager, AEC Industry Solutions, AT&T
- Keith Fox, President, McGraw-Hill Construction
- Paul Goodrum, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Kentucky
- Charles Hardy, Regional Recovery Executive, GSA Public Buildings Service
- Tom Ichniowski, Washington Bureau Chief, Engineering News-Record
- Richard Jackson, Director, FIATECH
- Christine McEntee, EVP and CEO, The American Institute of Architects
- James McGraw, IV, VP, Group Publisher, McGraw-Hill Construction
- Patrick Natale, Executive Director, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Colette Nelson, EVP, American Subcontractors Association, Inc.
- Stephen Sandherr, CEO, Associated General Contractors of America
- Albert Schwarzkopf, Senior Project Engineer, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Jim Shoriak, Director, Major Projects-Refining Group, Marathon Oil Company
- Gregory Sizemore, EVP, Construction Users Roundtable
- Steve Toon, CE&T Productivity Engineer, Bechtel Group, Inc.
- Janice Tuchman, Editor-in-Chief, Engineering News-Record
- Dave Umstot, Vice Chancellor of Facilities Management, San Diego Community College District
For more information or to register, visit http://construction.com/events/enrcurt2010/register.asp or call 1-800-371-3238. Press passes are available, as are discounts for groups of four or more.
The ENR/CURT Construction Business Forum is produced by McGraw-Hill Construction; Engineering News-Record, the leading source of news, data, trends and analysis for the construction industry; and the Construction Users Roundtable, which provides a forum for the exchange of information, views, practices and policies of owners at the national and local level. Gold sponsors include CMiC and the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). Silver sponsors include Bentley, Oracle Corporation, Verizon Wireless and Waste Management. AT&T is a bronze sponsor.
About McGraw-Hill Construction
McGraw-Hill Construction connects people, projects and products across the construction industry. For more than a century, it has remained North America's leading provider of project and product information, plans and specifications, and industry news, trends and forecasts. McGraw-Hill Construction serves more than one million customers in the $5.6 trillion global construction industry through Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, Engineering News-Record, GreenSource, and 10 regional publications. To learn more, visit www.construction.com or follow @mhconstruction on Twitter.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies
Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a leading global information services provider meeting worldwide needs in the financial services, education and business information markets through leading brands such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, Capital IQ, J.D. Power and Associates, McGraw-Hill Construction and AVIATION WEEK. The Corporation has more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2009 were $5.95 billion. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/.
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Construction