NEW YORK, May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Engineering News-Record will host its 2nd annual leadership conference, Groundbreaking Women in Construction: Legacy, Performance, Leadership, at the McGraw-Hill Auditorium, 1221 Avenue of the Americas in New York City on May 9-10. Advancement and growth for women in the U.S. and global construction market will be the focus of the two-day conference, which will attract women from across the globe who are CEOs, decision makers, business leaders and entrepreneurs in the construction, architecture, engineering, and real estate sectors.
International women leaders will engage attendees on what it takes to succeed in today's economy. Attendees will learn to apply new leadership and operational strategies, skill set enhancement methods, and the latest approaches for advancing performance and improving productivity. During the keynote address, distinguished industry leader Cheryl McKissack, president of McKissack and McKissack, will share her insights on succession strategies, management challenges in a non-traditional environment, and approaches for achieving milestones.
Two pre-conference workshops, including "Compliance and Integrity in the Construction Industry—the New Paradigm," presented by Peckar and Abramson, P.C., and "Re-Thinking Construction Management," presented by the Chartered Institute of Building and CH2M Hill, will provide hands-on advice to attendees on legal and global management topics. Unique networking tactics and the application of social media within the corporate context will also be examined. Lisa Jaycox, Manager of External Communications for the McGraw-Hill Companies Information and Media Segment, will moderate a panel on the role of social media in navigating and positioning brand identity on a personal and professional level.
Other notable speakers include:
- Nancy Aber Goshow, Managing Partner, Goshow Architects
- Rosemarie Andolino, Commissioner, Chicago Department of Aviation
- Rachel Arulraj, Director of Virtual Design and Construction, PB Geotechnical and Tunneling, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Holly Bolton, Director of Marketing, CE Solutions, Inc. Structural Engineers
- Virginia Borkoski, Senior Project Manager, HDR, Inc.
- Jane Chmielinski, EVP and COO, AECOM
- Corren Collura, VP and CIO, Suffolk Construction Company, Inc.
- Connie Crawford, SVP, The Louis Berger Group
- Thomas Curran, Partner, Peckar and Abramson, P.C.
- Lorraine D'Angelo, Ethics and Corporate Compliance Officer/Counsel, Dragados USA
- Julia DeRosi, Project Manager, General Services Administration
- Carolyn Ferguson, National President, Society for Marketing Professional Services, and President, Winmore Marketing Advisors
- Linda Figg, President and CEO, FIGG
- Andrea Fitch, Director of Marketing, SIGAL Construction Corporation
- Christine Flaherty, Director of Business Development, STV
- Carol Frohlinger, Co-Founder, Negotiating Women, Inc.
- Patricia Galloway, CEO, Pegasus-Global Holdings, Inc.
- Dana Galvin, Marketing Manager and Social Media Director, Barton Malow Company
- Hank Harris, President and CEO, FMI, Inc.
- Patricia Harris, Managing Partner, Zetlin and De Chiara LLP
- Erleen Hatfield, Principal, Buro Happold Consulting Engineers
- Mava Heffler, VP and Chief Marketing and Communication Officer, EMCOR Group, Inc.
- Elizabeth Heider, SVP, Skanska USA Building Inc.
- Maureen Henegan, Chair and CEO, Henegan Construction
- Stephanie Leedom, Architect, U.S. General Services Administration
- Jennifer Murphy, VP, Plaza Construction Corporation
- Christine Oates, Senior Project Manager, Jacobs Engineering
- Robert Peckar, Founding Partner, Peckar and Abramson
- Laura Pontikes, EVP, Satterfield and Pontikes
- Loryn Riggiola, Member, Sills Cummis and Gross P.C.
- Porie Saikia-Eapen, VP and Area Manager, CH2M Hill
- Li Shirong, President, Chartered Institute of Building, and Deputy Director General, Chongqing Foreign Trade and Economic Relations Commission
- Holly Sraeel, Founder and CEO, New York Ventures
- Karen Sweeney, VP, Diversity and Inclusion, Turner Construction
- Palmina Teta-Whelan, Senior Project Manager, American Airlines
- Janice Tuchman, Editor-in-Chief, Engineering News-Record
- Barbara Wagner, SVP, Clark Construction
- Carra Wallace, Managing Director, Office of Executive Initiatives, Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
- Beverly Willis, President, Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation
For more information and to register, visit http://construction.com/events/2011/gwic/register.asp or call 1-800-371-3238. On Twitter, follow @mhconstruction or @ENRmagazine or search for #GWIC. You can also find McGraw-Hill Construction on LinkedIn and YouTube for special offers, networking opportunities, and video highlights of prior conferences. Special rates apply for GC, CIOB, NMBC, NYBC, NYSAMC, SMPS and WTS members.
Groundbreaking Women in Construction is produced by McGraw-Hill Construction and Engineering News-Record. Peckar and Abramson is the event partner. The platinum sponsor is Turner Construction Company. Silver sponsors are AECOM, B4 Consulting, McKissack and McKissack, NRI, Satterfield and Pontikes, and Verizon Wireless. Bronze sponsors include Hakanson Construction, Sills Cummis and Gross P.C., STV, and Women Builders Council. Supporting sponsors are the Associated General Contractors of New York, Chartered Institute of Building, Construction Management Association of America-Metropolitan New York/New Jersey Chapter, National Minority Business Council, New York Building Congress, New York State Chapter of the National Association of Minority Contractors, Society for Marketing Professional Services, and WTS-Greater New York Chapter.
About McGraw-Hill Construction:
McGraw-Hill Construction connects people, projects and products across the construction industry. For more than a century, it has remained North America's leading provider of project and product information, plans and specifications, and industry news, trends and forecasts. McGraw-Hill Construction serves more than one million customers in the global construction industry through Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, Engineering News-Record, GreenSource, and SNAP. To learn more, visit www.construction.com or follow @mhconstruction on Twitter.
About The McGraw-Hill Companies:
Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a leading global financial information and education company that helps professionals and students succeed in the Knowledge Economy. Leading brands include Standard and Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. The Corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2010 were $6.2 billion. Additional information is available at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Construction