ST. PAUL, Minn., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- If you're someone who sees the artistic value in everyday objects, then Scotch Brand wants you to put down the paint and pick up a roll of packaging tape for the second annual Scotch Off the Roll Tape Sculpture Contest, sponsored by 3M. Creative geniuses and novices alike are encouraged to submit photos of their unique tape sculptures -- constructed from Scotch Packaging Tape -- for the chance to win a $5,000 cash prize. Submissions will be judged by a panel of noted artists, including pioneer tape sculptor Mark Jenkins, and can be voted on by visiting the Off the Roll Contest website no later than February 28, 2011.
Contest details are as follows:
- Enter by visiting www.OfftheRollContest.com and uploading one to three photos of your original Scotch Packaging Tape sculpture, its unique name and a short description of your sculpture in ten sentences or less (up to 500 characters, including spacing).
- Entries should include:
- Entrant's name, home address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address
- Entries must be submitted no later than February 28, 2011.
- One grand-prize winner will receive $5,000 cash and three first-prize winners will each receive a cash prize of $500. The entrant who receives the most votes from the public will win the People's Choice Award.
- The contest is open to individuals who are 16 years of age and older except where restricted by law. For a complete set of contest rules, visit the Off the Roll Contest website.
A recognized leader in research and development, 3M produces thousands of innovative products for dozens of diverse markets. 3M's core strength is applying its more than 40 distinct technology platforms -- often in combination -- to a wide array of customer needs. With $23 billion in sales, 3M employs 75,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M and Scotch are trademarks of 3M. © 3M 2010.