SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Envivio, the leading provider of live and on-demand multi-screen video processing solutions, will bring to the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo (booth 1537) Oct. 20-22 in New Orleans a complete demonstration of the three screen video head ends it is providing to three of the five largest cable MSOs in the United States. Based on the market-leading 4Caster™ C4 encoding/transcoding multi-screen platform, Envivio's solutions allow cable companies to convert gracefully to IP-based video delivery and enable them to deliver services to mobile, PC and TV screens from a single integrated platform.
"As they look beyond the set top box cable companies are exploring uncharted territory in terms of both services offered and technology needed," said Arnaud Perrier, Envivio VP of solutions. "Envivio is in the best position to help, combining proven high quality, high efficiency video compression and delivery technology with unmatched global experience in deploying multi-screen services. Our familiarity in enabling secure pay TV services in the mobile and Internet space correlates closely with the emerging opportunities available to cable companies."
Highlights of Envivio's demonstrations at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo include:
- Multi-screen transcoding solutions that eliminate the need for single-purpose, silo head ends and can deliver to all screens from a single workflow.
- Fully secured delivery of Over the Top (OTT) services with integrated encryption, DRM and superior quality of experience using the latest adaptive streaming technologies including Adobe Flash, Apple HTTP Live Streaming and Microsoft Silverlight.
- Envivio Extreme™ H.264 compression to deliver high quality HD video below 4 Mbps, giving service providers the flexibility to add more HD channels, increase the quality of premium HD services and deliver HD to multiple viewing platforms.
- Mobile TV services using all broadcast standards as well streaming live and on demand video over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks to the latest generation iPhone and iPad, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices.
- Envivio's network-based On Demand solution that turns any content recorded by a subscriber into assets for subsequent delivery to the subscriber's mobile and PC screens.
- Advanced offline file-to-file workflows that bring all Envivio's best-in-class encoding technology along with a comprehensive feature set for traditional Video on Demand content preparation.
For more information about Envivio's market-leading Three Screens solutions, please visit our website www.envivio.com and plan to visit Envivio booth 1537 at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.
Envivio is the leader in solutions for video-over-IP delivery. We remove the boundaries of traditional television and make the world's video content universally enjoyable by all viewers, on any device, across any network, at any time. Now in its second decade of developing market-leading video convergence solutions, Envivio has amassed dozens of patents, pioneered video-over-IP methods, and continually led in the deployment of emerging standards and new technologies. Today Envivio solutions deliver millions of content streams to hundreds of different styles of mobile devices, set top boxes, and PC platforms, on behalf of content owners, telecom operators, cable and satellite companies and mobile service providers in every market in the world. Deployment and support are backed by a global staff that is familiar with local technical, regulatory and market guidelines encountered around the world. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices worldwide including France England, China, Singapore and Japan.
Envivio is a registered trademark and 4Caster, Extreme and TV without Boundaries are trademarks of Envivio, Inc. All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.