SCHAUMBURG, Ill., June 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Epiq Solutions, an engineering firm specializing in the development of flexible wireless communications systems, has announced the SidekiqTM M.2, an expansion to the popular Sidekiq family of software defined radio (SDR) cards. Sidekiq provides a breakthrough small form-factor SDR transceiver solution, ready for integration into systems that support either MiniPCIe or now the M.2 card form factors. Compared to the Sidekiq MiniPCIe card, this next generation product provides a 20% size reduction, double the data throughput with its Gen2 PCIe interface, full 2x2 MIMO RF interface, and increased FPGA resources with a Xilinx Artix®-7 FPGA.
The Sidekiq M.2 card provides the following features:
- M.2 card form factor (30mm x 42mm x 4mm), Module Key B, Socket 2 (T3042-D3-B)
- RF tuning range: 70 MHz to 6 GHz
- Up to 50 MHz RF bandwidth per channel
- Flexible RF front end supports two operating modes (based on card version):
- Two RF receiver + two RF transmitter (2x2 MIMO)
- One RF receiver + one RF transmitter
- Integrated Xilinx Artix®-7 XC7A50T FPGA for custom signal processing
- PCIe Gen2 x1 (5 Gbps) interface to host + USB 2.0 interface
- Typical power consumption: 2.1W
- Platform Development Kit (PDK) including software API and FPGA source code
- Fully supported host options available
"We are excited to expand our Sidekiq product line to provide customers with the latest state-of-the-art small form factor SDR," said John Orlando, CEO at Epiq Solutions. "We have seen great success with the Sidekiq MiniPCIe card, and look forward to growing our Sidekiq line this year, starting with the Sidekiq M.2."
Both the Sidekiq MiniPCIe card and Sidekiq M.2 are in production now and shipping to customers. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.epiqsolutions.com/sidekiq.
About Epiq Solutions
Epiq Solutions designs and builds state-of-the-art wireless systems for both commercial and government applications. With expertise from the antenna all the way to the user interface, Epiq Solutions develops commercially available SDR platforms, custom radio hardware and IP, and turn-key wireless applications (including 2G/3G/4G cellular processing solutions) to open up a new generation of radio capabilities for its customers. For more information regarding Epiq Solutions' products and services, please visit http://www.epiqsolutions.com.
SOURCE Epiq Solutions