LONG BEACH, Calif., Dec. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, and Thinxtream™ Technologies today announced that the PrintJinni™ for Epson® mobile printing App will be available for free and offers native support for the Apple® iPad™, making it easier for Apple mobile device users to print documents on the go.
PrintJinni for Epson allows Apple iPhone®, iPod Touch® and iPad users (iOS 3 and 4) to easily print Microsoft® Office, PDF, and JPEG attachments from Apple MobileMe(SM), Gmail™, Microsoft Exchange, and AOL® e-mail accounts to any Epson wireless all-in-one, including WorkForce®, Artisan® and Epson Stylus® NX models(1).
"Whether you're printing a document at home or a presentation for an important meeting, PrintJinni for Epson allows you to preview and print to any Epson wireless all-in-one near your Apple device," said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "Epson is committed to delivering superior printing performance to mobile device users, that's why we are also happy to offer expanded iPad printing capabilities and make the App free to our customers."
Unlike other mobile printing solutions, PrintJinni for Epson allows users to easily download, preview and wirelessly print e-mail attachments that maintain their original formatting – the print preview matches the print. Printing is easy and truly direct without the need to install printer drivers or additional software on a Mac or PC.
In addition, this latest version of PrintJinni for Epson utilizes the iPad's larger screen size and rotational capabilities while providing a more intuitive interface. It offers faster navigation to multiple e-mail accounts, downloaded files, and printer settings. As an added benefit, iPad users can now email and print their Apple iWork documents wirelessly.
PrintJinni for Epson Features:
- Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
- Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
- Prints PDF, Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Macintosh versions 2004 and 2008), and JPEG e-mail attachments
- Enhances iPad user experience
- New user interface optimized for the iPad's larger screen size and rotation capabilities
- Improved browsing of e-mail attachments and downloaded files
- More robust document search and a simplified printing workflow
- Email and print Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
- Provides simple set-up and e-mail attachment support for Apple MobileMe, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, AOL, and other IMAP-based email accounts
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- Supports iPad(2), iPhone 4(3), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch(4)
"We are pleased to enhance PrintJinni for Epson and make it easier for iPad users to view and print documents on Epson printers," said Robert Shibata, director of marketing, Thinxtream Technologies. "We are also excited to continue developing new features for Epson customers – which means more ongoing value as we introduce new capabilities."
Pricing and Availability
PrintJinni for Epson will be available from Thinxtream Technologies free in the U.S. and Canada on the Apple App Store by the end of December, and includes a one-year subscription to PrintJinni Cloud Services. The App will continue to be priced at $6.99 until the Apple App Store processes the price change. More information about Epson's mobile printing solutions is available on Epson's website.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
About Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.
Thinxtream Technologies is a global software product company, with innovative products and professional services for media and print applications across a wide range of industries. Based in Singapore, Thinxtream is a subsidiary of Celstream Technologies, an established, global Product Engineering Services company, with a rich heritage in offering complete product life-cycle development services. More information on the company can be found at www.thinxtream.com. For queries, please call +65 65169870 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson and Epson Stylus are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Artisan and WorkForce are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. Thinxtream and PrintJinni are trademarks of Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Supports the following Epson wirelessly enabled all-in-one printers: Artisan 700, 710, 725, 800, 810, and 835; Epson Stylus NX420, NX510, NX515, and NX625; WorkForce 325, 520, 600, 610, 615, 630, 633, and 635.
(2) Supports Apple iPad running iPhone iOS 3.2.1 and 4.2
(3) Supports iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2.
(4) Supports Apple iPod touch, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS running iPhone OS 3.1.3 through 4.2.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.