ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- (FETC, Booth #135) – Epson today announced the new DC-21 high-definition document camera for education. The new portable document camera delivers advanced clarity and color with HD 1080p resolution and a large imaging sensor, as well as extraordinary close-up detail with 12x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom. The DC-21 offers HDMI connectivity for high-definition video and an included microscope adapter for sharing vivid magnified images. In addition, educators can record audio with video using the built-in microphone to create lessons for remote classrooms or re-watch lessons for review.
"The DC-21 document camera provides advanced features to allow educators to take lessons further with astounding clarity and color," said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. "Whether sharing a book, 3D object, experiment, or magnified image, the DC-21 offers bright images and flexible teaching tools for a more interactive learning experience that will engage students."
More about the DC-21
The DC-21 document camera offers several advanced features to aid classroom learning, including:
- Bright and Detailed Images: A large, highly-efficient imaging sensor captures more light per pixel to deliver bright images with high quality; 10x digital zoom and 12x optical zoom offers extraordinary close-up detail
- Flexible Teaching Tools: Camera rotates 90 degrees vertically and horizontally so it can also be used as a webcam to capture classroom activities or for videoconferencing; capture, store and present images with an SD card1 or computer; 30 fps for ultra smooth video performance
- Large Capture Area: Makes it easy to display two full pages; Split Screen function allows for displaying live and captured images side-by-side, ideal for comparing before and after photos
- Portable and Durable Design: Compact design is ideal for space-constrained classrooms and robust metal arm offers durability; Kensington® lock support, built-in security bar and mounting holes offer added peace of mind
- Auto-Select Resolution: Automatically detects the native aspect ratio of connected Epson projectors and selects the correct output resolution to match; can display 1080p, 720p, SXGA, WXGA and XGA resolutions
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
Designed with educator input, Epson's advanced interactive display and projector technologies make bright, collaborative learning environments a reality. Compatible with a wide range of devices and widely-used interactive software, Epson projectors make it easy for teachers to share content to engage students, no matter where they sit in the classroom. Epson's unmatched technology, service and support ensure educators are confident that high quality, bright images and multimedia are available in the classroom every day.
Availability, Pricing and Support
The Epson DC-21 will be available in February 2016 for $549* through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, Epson.com and the Brighter Futures program. Epson's document cameras come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service replacement program that includes product exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/documentcameras.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 72,000 employees in 93 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
* Brighter Futures pricing
1 SD card not included.
Note: EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. BrightLink and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.