ERIE, Pa., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Erie Insurance is pleased to announce the following business leadership appointments and promotions.
- Andrew Erman, Vice President and Chief Life Actuary. In this role, Erman will oversee actuarial activities for ERIE's Life and Annuity lines. Erman joins ERIE from Genworth Financial, where he was responsible for capital markets and reinsurance transactions for Genworth's Life, Annuity and Long-Term Care businesses. Erman holds a bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics and Mechanical Engineering from Rutgers University and is a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- William Herr Jr., Vice President of Corporate Actuarial. In this role, Herr is responsible for property/casualty lines reserving and dynamic financial analysis. He joins ERIE from Liberty Mutual, where he was responsible for workers' compensation reserving. Herr holds master's degrees in Education and Business Administration from the University of Toledo and a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from Cornell University. He is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries and a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter.
- Shasta Roca, Vice President of Vendor Management. In this role, Roca is responsible for sourcing, vendor development, vendor negotiations and procurement. Roca joins ERIE from Liberty Mutual, where she was responsible for sourcing, contracting and vendor negotiations for Personal and Commercial lines as well as Claims. Roca holds a master's degree in Supply Chain Management and Procurement from Michigan State University, a master's degree in Management Information Systems from the University of St. Thomas, and a bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science from St. Edward's University. She holds Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications.
- Dave Bednar, Executive Office Liaison. In this role, Bednar develops and implements corporate strategies and serves as a liaison between executive management and senior leaders. He has been with ERIE since 1999 and most recently held the position of director of strategic initiatives with Erie Family Life. Bednar holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Pennsylvania. He is also certified as an Associate, Life Management Institute; an Associate in Customer Service; an Associate in General Insurance; and an Associate in Insurance Services.
- Mark Hammerstein, Vice President of Agent Experience. In this role, Hammerstein manages efforts to sustain and continuously improve the ERIE agent experience. He has been with ERIE since 1999 and most recently held the position of Branch Manager in Canton, Ohio. Hammerstein holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan.
- Bill Matrogran, Vice President of Claims Training. In this role, Matrogran will focus on continuing to improve the Claims organization's technical skills and enhancing development opportunities. He has been with ERIE since 1993 and most recently held the position of section supervisor for Property and Subrogation. Matrogran holds a bachelor's degree in Industrial Technologies from California University of Pennsylvania. He also holds Associate in Claims and Certified Insurance Counselor designations.
- Robert McNutt, Vice President and Treasurer. In this role, McNutt is responsible for cash management, treasury systems and investor relations He joined ERIE in 2010, bringing 24 years of financial management experience with him. Prior to joining ERIE, McNutt was the assistant treasurer at Genworth Financial. He holds a bachelor's degree in Finance and Management from Ball State University and is a Certified Treasury Professional.
- Jim Vrooman, Vice President of Crisis Prevention and Management. In this role, Vrooman leads ERIE's business continuity, disaster recovery and facility security groups. He has been with ERIE since 2011 and most recently held the position of director of crisis management. Vrooman holds a master's degree in Business and Organizational Security Management from Webster University and a bachelor's degree in Management from the University of Maryland. He also holds Certified Business Continuity Professional, Certified in Disaster Preparedness and Certified in Homeland Security designations.
- Dennis Witkowski, Vice President of Digital Marketing. In this role, Witkowski oversees ERIE's online media efforts including generating new business leads for agents. He joined ERIE in 2009, bringing 25 years of Internet marketing, technology and sales experience with him. Prior to joining ERIE, Witkowski worked for the International Monetary Fund. He holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Gannon University.
According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group, based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 12th largest automobile and 14th largest homeowners insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 20th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has over 4.3 million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance Group is a FORTUNE 500 company. Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Erie Insurance has also been recognized on the list of Ward's 50 Group of top performing insurance companies. The Ward's 50 award analyzes the financial performance of 3,000 property and casualty companies and nearly 800 life and health insurance companies and recognizes the top performers for achieving outstanding financial results in safety and consistency over a five-year period (2006-2010).
News releases and more information about Erie Insurance Group are available at www.erieinsurance.com.
SOURCE Erie Insurance