SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Silicon Valley today announced its full conference lineup featuring keynotes by esteemed experts Kyle Wiens and Dr. Gunnar Newquist in addition to case studies, technical sessions and panel discussions on the most critical topics in embedded technology. Taking place December 5 - 7, 2017, at the San Jose Convention Center, ESC Silicon Valley will feature more than 60 hours of conference content and tutorials and will offer continuing education units from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) for all sessions attended, giving attendees the opportunity to work toward an official IEEE certificate.
"ESC Silicon Valley is uniquely designed to incorporate a variety of advanced sessions that address new technologies, setting the stage for the future of embedded design and engineering," said Suzanne Deffree, ESC Content Director and editor-in-chief of Design News. "The addition of Kyle Wiens and Dr. Gunnar Newquist as our keynote speakers underscores our focus on forward-thinking discussions and practical education designed to equip our audience with the tools to serve as innovators in their industries."
Technology repair expert Kyle Wiens, CEO of iFixit, will address right-to-repair laws as he takes the audience inside Apple's brand-new iPhone 8, tearing down the new device on stage and exploring Apple's design choices. On day two, Dr. Gunnar Newquist, a pioneer in the world of advanced intelligence, will bring his background in neuroscience to a discussion about the implications and limitations of deep learning and the next revolution in AI. The keynote presentations will complement the conference's four specialized tracks focused on key themes in the industry, including:
- Embedded Hardware Design and Verification
- Embedded Software Design and Verification
- Connected Devices and Internet of Things
- Advanced Technologies - New this year!
Notable conference sessions taking place at ESC Silicon Valley include:
- Really Real-Time Systems: Industry icon and principal consultant of TGG, Jack Ganssle, will explain practical ways to include time in your design in order to help produce a system that meets deadlines. Ganssle will examine the real speeds of common C constructs on various embedded processors and he will also examine the hype around multicore processors.
- Technology Requirements for Autonomous Vehicles: Linley Gwennap, principal analyst of The Linley Group, will discuss the processor, wireless, and sensor technologies being used in the first generation of autonomous vehicles. Gwennap will dive into the intricacies of autonomous vehicles and the multiple levels of software and neural networks required for efficient implementation.
- Design of Connected Plug & Play Vehicle Software Architecture: BaekGyu Kim of Toyota's Information Technology Center will explain the vulnerabilities of many embedded systems and deliver insight on how to prevent attacks and avoid these security risks altogether.
ESC Silicon Valley is co-located with BIOMEDevice San Jose which showcases advanced medical design technologies enhancing attendee experience and expanding their access to innovations in the medtech manufacturing industry. For a full conference overview, please visit: escsiliconvalley.com/conference
Register for ESC Silicon Valley:
To register as press for ESC Silicon Valley, please visit: sanjose.am.ubm.com/Media
To register for ESC Silicon Valley, please visit: sanjose/ConferencePass
Connect with ESC Silicon Valley: #ESCconf
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
SOURCE UBM Americas