WASHINGTON, May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On June 18-20, 2013, Esperanza, one of the country's most prominent Hispanic organizations, will host its Hispanic Prayer Breakfast and Conference featuring many of today's most renowned Evangelical musicians and celebrities.
This year's entertainers include:
- Marcos Witt (National Prayer Breakfast emcee) – Five-time Latin Grammy award-winning singer | Christian pastor
- Daniel Calveti – Singer | Latin Grammy Awards nominee | Two-time nominee for Best Songwriter of the Year by Premios Arpa
- Christine D'Clario – 2012 Dove Award nominated artist
- Myrka Dellanos – Author and journalist | Spokesperson to "Yo Soy Segundo"
- Jaime Jorge – Internationally acclaimed violinist
- Jessica – Gospel singer
- Julissa – Singer | Dove Awards nominee
- Tony Plana – Actor for hit TV series "24," "Ugly Betty," and "Desperate Housewives" | Spokesperson, Comprehensive Immigration Reform
Rev. Luis Cortes, Jr., president and CEO of Esperanza, said, "I believe that music brings people together and closer to their faith -- which is why I'm so pleased that our conference will feature so many of today's most popular Gospel artists. We will worship together, pray together, and act together."
The biannual conference, one of the largest gatherings of Hispanic clergy, community leaders and activists in the nation, will focus on immigration reform, housing, hunger and nutrition, education, and other fundamental issues. Invited guests include the President of the United States, Democratic and Republican elected officials, national corporate, academic, and faith leaders from across the nation, and others.
Other confirmed speakers include: Chair of the Republican National Committee, Reince Priebus; Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Debbie Wasserman Schultz; Archbishop of San Juan, Robert Octavio Gonzalez Nieves; and many others.
The Conference will take place on Tues. and Wed., June 18-19 at the Capital Hilton, 1001 16th St NW, Washington, DC, 20036, beginning at 12:30 p.m. On Wed., June 19, check-in and breakfast will begin at 8 a.m., with Capitol Hill briefings and congressional visits to follow. The Esperanza Partners & Awards Dinner will take place on Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
On Thursday, June 20, the conference will move to the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium, 1301 Constitution Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20240, with check-in beginning at 6:00 a.m. and the official 2013 National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast beginning at 7:00 a.m. A prayer room will be open throughout the conference. For detailed scheduling information, visit:
To learn more or register, visit: esperanzanhpb.com. Full 3-day ticket price is $285. For the Prayer Breakfast only on Thursday, June 20, 2013, tickets are $165. Please note special registration directions at bottom of registration form.