WASHINGTON, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the trade association of the global electronic payments industry, today released previews of several announcements that will be made at the 2013 ETA Annual Meeting and Expo April 30 - May 2 in New Orleans. The Expo is the leading global gathering for mobile technology and payments industry executives, venture capitalists and media to experience the next generation of innovation in payments.
"The companies that will be making headlines at the ETA Expo couldn't have chosen a better place to do so," said Jason Oxman, CEO of ETA. "The 2013 Expo is a can't-miss opportunity to show off the latest in electronic payments technology and get cutting-edge electronic payment solutions in front of more than 3,000 professionals from across the industry."
The line-up of exhibitors making announcements or demonstrating new products for the first time will grow as the event nears. Current announcements include:
ExaDigm Inc., a long-time innovator in point-of-sale solutions, will introduce two new products during the 2013 ETA Expo. ExaDigm is about to expand its portfolio of future-proof point-of-sale solutions with the release of a new countertop terminal and payment PINPad with NFC (Booth 139).
ROAM™, a leading global mCommerce platform provider, will launch a game-changing mobile point of sale application and the industry's first PCI PTS certified Chip & Sign Mobile Card Reader (Booth 561).
TRANSAX, a cashless payment processing company, is releasing its new gateway with features like Online BillPay and QuickBooks payment processing (Booth 823).
As the world's largest stage for payments innovation, ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting and Expo will feature more than 200 exhibitors across 150,000 square feet at the state-of-the-art Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in the heart of New Orleans. More than 3,000 CEOs, presidents, investors, principals, payment professionals and members of the media representing the entire electronic payments ecosystem will gather to conduct business, strategize, and unveil new products and network. Key conference highlights include:
- Keynote Addresses - David W. Nelms, Chairman and CEO of Discover Financial Services and Michael Abbott, CEO of ISIS
- Exhibit Hall - The exhibit hall features 200 exhibitors across 150,000 square feet at the state-of-the-art Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in the heart of New Orleans. A significant expansion of ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting and Expo – including the brand-new Mobile Pay Zone and the brand-new Payments Next Zone – establishes the ETA show as the hub of activity in the electronic transactions industry.
- ETA's Small Business Forum; How Mobile Payments Grows Small Business - The forum will feature small business owners from New Orleans and payments industry experts discussing how small business can benefit from mobile payment solutions.
- E-Pay Innovation Award - A competition organized and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. A $10,000-award will go to the exhibitor that displays the most innovative product with the potential to make a profound impact on the global market by providing financial services to underserved communities.
- Mobile Payment Innovations 2013, an all-day conference on April 30 full of actionable business information from speakers representing a cross-section of players within the mobile payments ecosystem. Presented in partnership with Strategic Solutions Network, the creators of the industry-renowned Mobile Contactless Payment Innovations series of events.
For the full schedule of conference and pre-conference events, visit http://www2.electran.org/am13/schedule-of-events/.
The Electronic Transactions Association is an international trade association representing more than 500 companies that offer electronic transaction processing products and services. ETA's mission is to advance the payments industry profession by providing leadership through education, advocacy and the exchange of information.
SOURCE Electronic Transactions Association