LAS VEGAS, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nothing says "Be My Valentine" like a heart-shaped box of chocolates. But with so many flavors, shapes and sizes, how can one decide which sweets will appeal to your sweetie? The experts at gourmet chocolatier Ethel M® Chocolates (www.EthelM.com) suggest that certain personality characteristics can help determine the ideal Valentine's Day gift -- from decadent truffles to sea-salted caramels and silky Satin Crèmes® Chocolate.
"We've been crafting premium, preservative-free chocolates for over 30 years," explains Jessica Ruttman, marketing manager at Ethel M® Chocolates. "We offer gourmet collections for every Valentine: from spouses and friends to family and coworkers. To help consumers decide what to give their Valentines, we've created a list of seven personality traits that align with different types of chocolate."
Determine which of these personality profiles describes your Valentine, and then find the confectionery counterpart at www.EthelM.com:
- Your Valentine is a "Social Star" if they have over 500 Facebook friends and they update their status every hour. Unique Ethel M® colorful chocolate hearts will give them something to share, pin and Tweet. These limited edition heart-shaped chocolates are hand-sprayed with cocoa butter in six seasonal colors: light pink, vibrant pink, lavender, purple, red and white. Each hue is a different flavor: solid milk, dark and white chocolate; dark chocolate with lemon; white chocolate with caramel; and milk chocolate with peanut butter. ($26 - $95 in a heart-shaped box)
- The "Trendsetter" has a yearning for creativity and new challenges. Give this person a one-of-a-kind "Design Your Own" Chocolate Collection to include all of their favorites. Pick a box style – like a heart box draped in a red bow -- then mix and match flavors from 34 varieties at www.EthelM.com. ($32 - $125)
- The "Serene Spirit" projects an aura of compassion and thrives in a calm environment. These laidback souls will sink their teeth into Lemon Satin Crèmes® Chocolate, featuring a fresh filling made with real cream and paired with premium dark chocolate. (20 pieces for $30)
- "Chocolate Aficionados" are self-described foodies who savor every morsel by engaging the senses of sight, taste, touch and smell. These enthusiasts will delight in experiencing the 72-Piece Ultimate Collection, which includes decadent truffles, creamy caramels, flavorful Satin Crèmes® Chocolate and Almond Butter Krisps®, all paired with premium dark and milk chocolate. (72 pieces for $95)
- Conventional "Traditionalists" find comfort in routines, and they'd rather dine at their favorite restaurant versus trying a trendy bistro. The perfect Valentine's Day gift is a traditional, heart-shaped box filled with classic pieces, like silky dark chocolate, buttery caramels and crunchy pecans draped in chocolate. ($26 - $95 in a heart-shaped box)
- An idealistic "Romantic" dreams about an amorous relationship with an adoring mate. Show this idealist that you put thought into the gift with an Ethel M® Sweetheart Basket. This charming basket includes a teddy bear nestled with a 9" Valentine Heart Box (14 pieces), a Truffle Collection (16 pieces), and the Valentine 3 Bar Set with creamy milk, white and dark chocolate bars. ($70)
- The rational "Problem Solver" has a closet of clothes organized by season and hue. This person enjoys tried-and-true favorites like the Valentine 3 Bar Set, with three solid chocolate gourmet bars: delicious milk, dark and white chocolate. ($9)
Use the discount code HEARTBOX14 for 20 percent off orders of $50 or more until Feb. 15. Ethel M® Chocolates are available online at www.EthelM.com, by phone at (800) 438-4356 and in five locations throughout Las Vegas.
About Ethel M® Chocolates
Ethel M® Chocolates delivers a gourmet chocolate experience with uncompromising quality, unparalleled taste, and no preservatives. In 1981, Forrest Mars, Sr., created Ethel M® Chocolates as a tribute to his mother, her recipes and chocolate-making teachings. Forrest Mars, Sr., also helped establish world-renowned Mars, Incorporated with his father, Frank C. Mars. At Ethel M Chocolates, the mission is to keep the tradition of Frank and Ethel Mars alive and share their passion for chocolate with the world. Ethel M Chocolates are available in five locations throughout Las Vegas, online at www.EthelM.com and by phone at (800) 438-4356. Ethel M Chocolates are manufactured and sold by the Mars Retail Group, part of Mars, Incorporated. Follow us: facebook.com/ethelmchocolates and twitter.com/ethelmchocolate.
About Mars, Incorporated
In 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars' first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the objective of creating a "mutuality of benefits for all stakeholders" – this objective serves as the foundation of Mars, Incorporated today. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 72,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, KITEKAT®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA™ and WISDOM PANEL™.
For more information, please visit www.mars.com. Follow us: facebook.com/mars, twitter.com/marsglobal, youtube.com/mars, linkedin.com/company/mars
SOURCE Mars Retail Group