CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Feb. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- EverQuote, Inc., a leading insurance marketplace in the U.S. connecting consumers with insurance providers and developer of the social safe driving application, EverDrive, today released data on the impact of Apple's Do Not Disturb (DND) While Driving feature on the driving behavior of EverQuote's growing community of 500,000+ EverDrive users.
Results showed 70% of EverDrive iPhone users kept the DND While Driving feature enabled after its release. Between the feature's release on September 19th and October 25th those users then exhibited an 8% decrease in phone use while driving, as measured by their EverDrive app.
"This data is an exciting indication that the very same technology platforms that can facilitate distractions while driving can be used to address those issues given the right features and encouragement to use them," said EverQuote CTO Tomas Revesz.
"Texting and other phone use while driving is an epidemic in the United States, as EverDrive reveals the significant majority of drivers (92%) use their phone while behind the wheel. EverDrive data also shows the average drive time of EverDrive users is 21 minutes, with 88 seconds or approximately seven percent of that time spent interacting with their phone. Despite many states implementing anti-texting or distracted driving laws, distracted driving plagues American roadways -- injuring and taking the lives of thousands each year according to the National Highway Traffic Administration. We must find sensible ways to use technology and public policy to address this issue," said Revesz.
In addition to reviewing how Apple's DND While Driving feature impacted EverDrive users' driving behavior, EverQuote surveyed 939 EverDrive users with Apple and Android phone operating systems to further understand sentiment and preferences toward the DND While Driving feature.
Additional survey findings include:
- Many drivers don't know their mobile device can help lessen distractions while they drive. 41% of the EverDrive users surveyed, across both Android and iPhone devices, didn't know their phones had a DND While Driving feature.
- Drivers who use Apple's DND feature say it has made them safer. Among drivers who use the DND While Driving feature, 75% say it has made them safer drivers; 15% say it hasn't; and 10% didn't know.
- Drivers say other driving technology, such as safe driving applications, traffic aware GPS, and assistive driving vehicle features can help them drive safer.
- About one in three drivers (31%) believe that a driving application that monitored and reported their speeding, phone use and driving behavior would help make them safer drivers.
- Nearly half of drivers (45%) believe that a GPS system with traffic predicting and time-shortening capabilities would make them a safer driver.
- One in three drivers (33%) believe that semi-autonomous driving technology, like automated park assist, self-driving autopilot, and lane-departure sensors, would make them safer drivers.
- Consumers want software and/or applications that remove mobile distractions while driving. If Apple or Android did not offer the DND While Driving feature to users, one in three drivers (32%) would download a similar driving application that disables their phones while driving.
The challenge of decreasing distracted driving on U.S. roadways becomes much more difficult as smartphone adoption continues to increase each year. To best curb this modern-day epidemic, EverQuote believes an approach that pairs legislation and technology to educate consumers of their behavior behind the wheel together will have the most positive impact and result in change. In fact, EverDrive data shows that states with some of the strictest distracted driving laws - such as Oregon, New Hampshire and Vermont - were ranked in the top 5 states with the lowest rates of phone use while driving.
For more information about the findings from EverQuote's analysis of EverDrive user performance alongside Apple and Android's DND While Driving features, visit: https://www.everquote.com/blog/car-insurance/do-not-disturb-phone-feature/
Founded in 2011, EverQuote, Inc. operates a leading online insurance marketplace in the U.S. connecting consumers with insurance providers and was named one of the fastest growing companies in the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and the Inc. 5000. The company's data & technology platform unites drivers with agents and carriers to deliver compelling rates and coverage while driving sales of policies for auto insurance providers. EverQuote was founded with the vision of applying a scientific, data-driven approach to help consumers find the best price and coverage for their individual insurance needs. For more information, visit EverQuote.com and follow on Twitter @EverQuoteInsure
SOURCE EverQuote, Inc.