KENNETT SQUARE, Pa., April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Exelon Generation Co., LLC today announced the appointment of Carol Peterson, Vice President, Project and Asset Management, Exelon Nuclear, to the board of directors of Constellation Energy Nuclear Group, LLC (CENG). Following the close of the Exelon and Constellation merger on March 12, 2012, Exelon Generation acquired a 50.01 percent indirect ownership interest in the operation of CENG. EDF, Inc. owns the remaining 49.99 percent ownership and interest in the operation of CENG.
Peterson joined Exelon in 2002 and has held a variety of positions in engineering and finance. She is currently responsible for the planning and execution of major projects across Exelon's 10 nuclear facilities. She holds a master's degree in Management Policy, Finance and Marketing from Northwestern University and a bachelor's degree in General Engineering from the University of Illinois. She was a licensed Professional Engineer and certified as a pressurized water reactor Senior Reactor Operator.
Peterson replaced board member Charles Berardesco, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Constellation. On March 23, four other Exelon Generation executives were appointed to the CENG board. Charles Pardee, Chief Operating Officer, Exelon Generation, who also assumed the board chairmanship; Michael Pacilio, President and Chief Nuclear Officer, Exelon Nuclear; J. Bradley Fewell, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Exelon Generation; and Jeffrey Williams, Vice President, Business Operations, Exelon Nuclear.
Also as previously announced, EDF Inc. will continue to have five members of its leadership group as the other CENG board members. The board members appointed by EDF Inc. are Eric Bret, President and CEO, EDF, Inc, Jeff Johnson, Senior Advisor to the CEO-EDF Trading Markets Limited, Matthieu Poisson, Deputy Director of M&A and Structured Finance, Electricite de France, Jacques Regaldo, Operating Senior Vice President, Electricite de France, and Steve Wolfram, General Counsel-Development, Electricite de France.
The CENG board membership is comprised of five leaders from Exelon and five leaders from Electricite de France.
Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC) is the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with approximately $33 billion in annual revenues. Headquartered in Chicago, Exelon has operations and business activities in 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. Exelon is the largest competitive U.S. power generator, with approximately 35,000 megawatts of owned capacity comprising one of the nation's cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets. The company's Constellation business unit provides energy products and services to approximately 100,000 business and public sector customers and approximately 1 million residential customers. Exelon's utilities deliver electricity and natural gas to approximately 6.6 million customers in central Maryland (BGE), northern Illinois (ComEd) and southeastern Pennsylvania (PECO). Learn more at: www.exeloncorp.com.
SOURCE Exelon Generation