SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Oracle OpenWorld -- This weekend, Oracle welcomes tens of thousands of customers and partners spanning 175 countries and over 18 million live-stream viewers to Oracle OpenWorld 2017. Located at San Francisco's newly redesigned Moscone Center, conference events will span multiple venues in the city's downtown from October 1-5. Heralded as the industry's most important business and technology show, Oracle OpenWorld delivers unprecedented opportunities to hear from the greatest minds across all event programming, including actor and director Joseph Gordon-Levitt, former United States Senator Barbara Boxer, Executive Consultant for the Los Angeles Clippers Jerry West, former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and President of the Council on Foreign Relations Richard Haass.
On Sunday, Oracle CTO and Executive Chairman Larry Ellison opens the event with a special keynote showcasing all of the innovations delivered in the Oracle Cloud. Mainstage presentations will continue throughout the week, featuring Ellison, Oracle CEO Mark Hurd, and Oracle President of Product Development Thomas Kurian. Leaders from the world's most interesting brands, including Carbon, Trek, FexEx and Gap, will join Oracle executives on stage to discuss pressing topics impacting business and technology today and in the future.
This year, Oracle OpenWorld brings innovation to learning through a new series of session formats developed in collaboration with Stanford University, as well as reimagined exhibition halls. The conference's latest iteration of "Collective Learning" features cutting edge session designs, including: Brain Snacks, 1:1 conversations with fellow experts, and Make Your Case, hands-on workshops tackling the best Oracle case studies. Oracle OpenWorld Exchange, the conference's redesigned exhibition hall, debuts to foster community, spark learning, promote innovation, and unite our customers, partners, and attendees.
"As we raise the curtain on Oracle OpenWorld 2017, we welcome more than 60,000 customers and partners to learn about transforming their business with Oracle Cloud," said Judy Sim, Oracle's Chief Marketing Officer. "The event has evolved as our customers' needs have changed and is now one of the leading technology conferences in the world. Today, we are thrilled to bring a positive economic impact worth more than $3 billion to the City of San Francisco over the last 20 years."
To Learn and Explore:
- Sessions: Tap into an elite network of world-class speakers totaling 67,500+ years of industry experience. Select from 2,311 sessions presented by 3,048 customer and partner speakers, more than 523 Oracle demos and case studies showcasing emerging technology, as well as hundreds of partner and customer exhibitions.
- Oracle Keynotes:
- Sunday, October 1, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Oracle CTO and Executive Chairman Larry Ellison opens the conference with an inside look at the future of Oracle Cloud and its innovation path.
- Doug Fisher, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Software and Services Group, Intel, presents the power of data, and how data offers massive enterprise-class cloud computing opportunities.
- Monday, October 2, 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 p.m.
- Oracle CEO Mark Hurd reveals where we are now and where we are headed in a cloud foundational world. Joining him on stage will be leaders from Oracle customers Bloom Energy, FedEx and Gap.
- Tuesday, October 3
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Oracle President of Product Development Thomas Kurian and Dave Donatelli, Oracle Executive Vice President, Cloud Business Group, showcase how Oracle Cloud is harnessing the power of emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, and blockchain to transform organizations of all sizes. They will be joined by Richard Noble, Director of the Bloodhound Project, an inspiring initiative that engages the next generation in science, technology, engineering and math by aiming to surpass the world land speed record.
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Larry Ellison unveils the future of databases in the cloud, including Oracle Autonomous Database, the world's first "self-driving" database.
- Wednesday, October 4, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Oracle CEO Mark Hurd returns to the mainstage with NetSuite's Executive Vice President of Development Evan Goldberg and special guests, to discuss the role technology plays in getting ahead of the competition.
- Sunday, October 1, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Oracle's Leader's Circle: Connect with luminaries on industry trends, foreign affairs, economics and security at this exclusive, invitation-only executive program hosted by Oracle CEOs Safra Catz and Mark Hurd. Join Senator Barbara Boxer and Newt Gingrich, 50th Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives for a provocative discussion about the future of the United States.
- The Innovation Studio: Experience innovations from Design Tech High School students and Oracle Education Foundation. Meet startups from Oracle's Startup Cloud Accelerator, and talk with Oracle customers, partners, and industry business unit experts.
- Oracle Cloud User Experience Lab: Experience hands-on demos of the latest Release 13 Oracle Cloud Applications, and learn about Oracle's vision for the future of work, including experimental robotics, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, chatbots, and more of the emerging technology tools in the smart UX toolkit.
- JavaOne Developer Lounge: Use Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data technologies to brew your own beer. Create your own sculptures and furniture with a 3D printer. Relive "The Matrix" and shoot your own slow motion video with 60 Raspberry Pi cameras in the BulletTime Photo Booth. Interact with a cloud chatbot robot powered by the Oracle Intelligent Bots running on Oracle Mobile Cloud Service.
- Oracle Code Event: Join developers from around the world in this one-day event covering machine learning, chatbots, cloud, databases, programming languages, DevOps, and much more.
- Oracle NetSuite SuiteConnect: The best of SuiteWorld comes to Oracle OpenWorld for the first time. Held on October 4, this program features NetSuite users, Oracle executives, product experts and partners.
To Support the Community and Environment:
- Oracle Academy's JavaOne4Kids: Designed for children ages 10-16, attendees can use Raspberry Pi and Java programming to catch escaped Pokemon; create a robot and bring it to life; make computer games using Greenfoot and Stride; among other fun activities. Oracle Academy is one of Oracle's key investments in our collective future. In fiscal year 2016, the program impacted over 3.5 million students in 120 countries through $3.75 billion in direct and in-direct resources.
- Plant a Billion Trees: Learn how The Nature Conservancy and Oracle Giving are helping to advance reforestation globally. As part of its participation in The Nature Conservancy's Plant a Billion trees initiative, Oracle has already achieved 41 percent of its goal to plant one million trees.
- Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International: Discover how Oracle Cloud is helping to save the gorillas. Get a sneak peek of an upcoming National Geographic three-part special on Dian Fossey's life and work as a gorilla conservationist. Hear from Tara Stoinski, President, CEO and Chief Scientific Officer of the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund about its 27-year partnership with Oracle, and how Oracle Cloud technology has enabled the organization to revolutionize its data management and make its database – the world's largest, most comprehensive collection of data on a wild great ape population – available to scientists, researchers and students without charge.
- Ride for a Reason: Support the victims of the recent hurricanes by choosing Lyft for Oracle OpenWorld transportation. Between October 1-5, five percent of the cost of rides will be donated to the American Red Cross. Enter code OOW17 using a Lyft business profile.
To Connect and Play:
- Oracle CloudFest.17: Dance the night away with Grammy award winners The Chainsmokers and sing along with pop sensation Ellie Goulding at Oracle's legendary customer appreciation event taking place on October 4 at AT&T Park.
- SuiteConnect NextUp: Celebrate the day's experiences at a special concert with Royal Machines, joined by "special guests" on October 3 at Howard Street mainstage.
- Live Stream keynotes from Oracle OpenWorld
- Follow Oracle on Facebook and Instagram
- Follow @Oracle on Twitter for the latest #oow17
The Oracle Cloud offers complete SaaS application suites for ERP, HCM and CX, plus best-in-class database Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from data centers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), please visit us at www.oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld, the industry's most important business and technology conference for the past 20 years, hosts tens of thousands of in-person attendees as well as millions online. Dedicated to helping businesses leverage Cloud for their innovation and growth, the conference delivers deep insight into industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Designed for attendees who want to connect, learn, explore and be inspired, Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,500 educational sessions led by more than 2,000 customers and partners sharing their experiences, first hand. With hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, plus exhibitions from more than 400 partners and customers from around the world, Oracle OpenWorld has become a showcase for leading cloud technologies, from Cloud Applications to Cloud Platform and Infrastructure. For more information; to register; or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and more, visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/experience-the-future-of-cloud-at-oracle-openworld-2017-300528594.html