CAPTIVA ISLAND, Fla., April 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Exploring a new place. Revisiting a timeless tradition. Learning a new skill. Summer travelers looking for these enriching experiences - and more - will find all the essentials for a customized, one-of-a-kind vacation with South Seas Island Resort's "Summer of Discovery." With more than 30 adventures at their fingertips, all set against the incomparable setting of southwest Florida's Captiva Island, nature lovers, action seekers and wellness warriors will all be able to personalize their own, completely original vacation.
Set on a 330-acre wildlife preserve with unrivaled sunsets and warm Gulf waters, the South Seas Island Resort village is a destination unique from any other - complete with innovative experiences such as the No. 1 sailing school in America, dolphin and manatee watching, rejuvenating spa treatments, daily nature walks and dynamic marine education programs through the onsite Sanibel Sea School. Activities are available a la carte, or packaged with accommodations starting from $229/night. For a complete list of packages that are available June 1 – September 30, 2011, as well as exciting Discovery "spies," visit www.SummerofDiscovery.com.
A sampling of "Summer of Discovery" a la carte offerings include:
- No. 1 sailing school in America
- Go! Fish program taught by expert anglers
- Pavel Blackwood Tennis Academy for private and group instruction
- One of the "Top Five Short Golf Courses" in the world
- 22 miles of biking trails throughout the islands of Sanibel-Captiva
- Two and a half miles of unspoiled coastline with thousands of rare shells
- 330-acre wildlife preserve with on-site naturalist
- Interactive learning Sanibel Sea School and Marine Discovery Center
- Kay Casperson Lifestyle Spa & Boutique treatments
- Healthy cooking classes with Executive Chef Joey Pesner
- Sunset cruise with dolphin companions
- Swimtastic Swim School and Mermaid Camp
Guests enjoy a full-service experience at the South Seas Island Resort village. Accommodations range from budget-friendly hotel rooms and condominiums to spacious seaside homes. Dining options include the fresh catch of the day and authentic key lime pie at Harbourside Bar and Grill, southern-style BBQ with all the fixings at Holy Smoke Heavenly Barbecue or refreshing cocktails at Sunset Beach Bar.
Family. Nature. Comfort. As one of Parents Magazine's "Top 10 Beach Resorts for Families," South Seas Island Resort is a resort village and wildlife sanctuary off Florida's Gulf Coast, spanning two-and-a-half miles of shell-laden beaches at the northern end of Captiva Island. Offering a variety of family programs and amenities ranging from daily experiential sea-based educational programs, spa, golf, tennis and nature tours to eateries, shopping in Chadwick Square, boating, fishing and sailing, South Seas is an ecologically balanced vacation destination perfect for families.
To experience "Summer of Discovery" at South Seas Island Resort, call (888) 2-CAPTIVA or visit www.SouthSeas.com.
SOURCE South Seas Island Resort