LOS ANGELES, Nov. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- In anticipation of the busiest travel week of the year, Amtrak is prepared to accommodate the surge of holiday travelers with extra equipment and additional capacity on the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner route, which travels between San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo. Tickets sell out quickly, so customers are encouraged to plan ahead and book early.
As space is limited on Pacific Surfliner trains during the holidays, a reservation will be required to travel between Nov. 22 and Nov. 26, 2017. Additionally, the Rail 2 Rail program will be suspended during this time, and Metrolink and COASTER passes will not be accepted onboard Pacific Surfliner trains. Last year, Amtrak carried 760,755 customers throughout its national network during the Thanksgiving travel period. Similar customer counts are anticipated this year.
Tips to ensure a smooth trip:
- Plan Ahead and Book Early: Go online to check availability, reserve seats and learn about everyday discounts. Travelers can find more details about Thanksgiving travel and purchase tickets by visiting www.pacificsurfliner.com/holiday.
- Avoid the Rush, Arrive Early: Stations will be busier than usual and customers are encouraged to arrive 45 minutes before departure.
- Enhanced Experience: All Pacific Surfliner trains feature free Wi-Fi, outlets at each seat, and an onboard Café car. Upgrade to Business Class for complimentary snacks, drinks and other perks.
- Baggage Policy: Customers can bring two bags and two carry-ons, up to 150 pounds collectively, for free. Amtrak also offers checked baggage service at a number of stations.
- Check Train Schedules: Check holiday train schedules and status before arriving at the station on Amtrak.com, Track Your Train (on Amtrak.com), Amtrak mobile apps, or @PacSurfliners on Twitter.
- Carry Photo ID: Passengers are required to show valid photo identification when purchasing tickets and carry valid photo ID at all times aboard trains.
About the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner®
The Amtrak Pacific Surfliner travels along a 351-mile coastal rail route through San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, serving 31 stations. To learn more, visit http://www.pacificsurfliner.com/.
About the LOSSAN Rail Corridor Agency
The Los Angeles – San Diego – San Luis Obispo (LOSSAN) Rail Corridor Agency manages the Pacific Surfliner service in close coordination with its member agencies, Amtrak and Caltrans.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Michael Litschi, LOSSAN Agency (714) 560-5581
SOURCE Amtrak Pacific Surfliner