SAN JOSE, Calif., May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today will recognize Zeeland Public Schools as the latest recipient of the Extreme Exemplary School Award. Winners are chosen based on their educational commitment to implementing a personalized 21st century learning environment and embody the best in American education by excelling at engaging students in 1:1 or mobile learning.
Across eleven buildings within the district in Michigan, Zeeland Public Schools has enhanced teaching creativity and learning methods through a variety of network infrastructure innovations. The Exemplary School Award is presented to schools that meet the following criteria:
- Stimulate 24x7 Learning: To meet the demands of today's competitive global economy, schools must create lifetime learners. To promote this concept and qualify for the Extreme Exemplary School Award, a school must institute a 1:1 or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) mobile learning environment.
- Facilitate Individual Instruction: Learning is not a one-size-fits-all environment. Networks and resources must be empowered to permit personalized learning.
- Encourage Curricular Growth: To meet the demands of curricular change, a district must implement an infrastructure that readily adapts to curricular needs. Everyone learns differently, and the network must be prepared to meet the growing requirements of eBooks, streaming video and blended or flipped learning.
"Extreme Networks has been an excellent partner in providing Zeeland Public Schools integrated technology for a safe, secure and accessible way to promote teaching and learning," said Joshua VerHelst, director of educational technology services at Zeeland Public Schools. "We look forward to partnering with Extreme Networks for years to come."
"Extreme Networks values the use of technology in the classroom to better connect students and educators, leading to a highly motivating learning environment," said Robert Nilsson, director of vertical solutions at Extreme Networks. "We are proud to acknowledge Zeeland Public Schools for integrating technology into its curriculum to increase collaboration among teachers and students, and we hope to encourage more schools to do the same."
An award presentation is scheduled for today, May 16, 2016 at 7:00 p.m., when Extreme will present the Exemplary School Award during the board of education meeting.
- K-12 Solutions Webpage
- Extreme Exemplary Award Blog
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-honors-zeeland-public-schools-for-supporting-lifetime-learners-with-cutting-edge-technology-300269445.html
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.