SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Connectivity and real-time network analytics have become more important to the fan experience than ever before, as can be seen from Super Bowl LI, which saw a record breaking 11.8 TB of data transferred over the network. To maximize network visibility and the fan experience during Super Bowl LII, Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), the Official Wi-Fi Network Solutions Provider of the NFL, will deploy an exclusive solution at Minneapolis' U.S. Bank Stadium: its cloud-based ExtremeAnalytics™ solution and renowned Wi-Fi Coach™ program.
Since becoming an NFL partner in 2014, Extreme has delivered high-density Wi-Fi solutions to 10 NFL teams and insightful Wi-Fi analytics to an additional 12 NFL teams. During this time, Extreme has seen data usage at Super Bowls increase by over 268% with a particular emphasis on social media. In just one year, from Super Bowl 50 to Super Bowl LI, the amount of social networking data transferred increased by 55%. These insights powered by ExtremeAnalytics provide a better understanding of how fans interact with the game, so their game day experience can be enhanced.
Super Bowl LII Deployment Key Facts
- Real-Time, Cloud-Based Analytics – Extreme's cloud-based analytics allow network managers to see spikes in usage and how fans are interacting with the game through social media and the Game Day App. These insights are delivered in real-time for immediate action.
- On-Site Wi-Fi Coaches – To provide fans with on-site support, 20 certified Extreme Networks Wi-Fi Coaches will be stationed throughout the stadium. Fans can approach these coaches with questions around connectivity and access to the Super Bowl Game Day App. Additionally, the coaches will be monitoring social media to assist with any network connectivity, thus helping ensure constant connectivity for fans and IT staff.
- Pop-up Wi-Fi Solution – In addition to providing analytics and customer support, Extreme will deploy temporary Wi-Fi for Super Bowl affiliated locations, including the Super Bowl Game Day Operations Center and the Seven Steakhouse Sushi & Rooftop Restaurant during the game. The high-speed, reliable and secure Wi-Fi that ExtremeWireless ™ delivers will provide connectivity for fans as well as restaurant patrons.
Aaron Amendolia, Vice President of Information Technology Services, The National Football League
"Extreme Networks has been an NFL partner for five years and each year, we've been able to rely on the company for unmatched support and solutions. Deploying ExtremeAnalytics gives us insight into how fans embrace technology during the game so we may improve their experience. The Extreme Wi-Fi Coach program is an important part of our fan hospitality, as technology is a huge part of how people engage and share their experience at the Super Bowl."
John Brams, Director, Hospitality, Sports and Entertainment, Extreme Networks, Inc.
"We're thrilled to continue our partnership with the NFL for Super Bowl LII at the Minnesota Vikings' U.S. Bank Stadium. Our dedicated sports and entertainment business unit was the first to successfully tackle the challenge of delivering high-density Wi-Fi for fans in-stadium. We were also the first to offer granular, actionable Wi-Fi analytics to the NFL and its teams, providing valuable insights into the mobile usage behavior of connected fans on game day. As we continue to be a 'game-changer' in the industry, we'll look forward to continuing our partnership with the NFL to ensure fans stay connected throughout the regular season and Big Game."
- ExtremeWireless Product Page
- ExtremeAnalytics Product Page
- Wi-Fi Usage at Super Bowl LI SlideShare Page
- Sports and Public Venues Solutions Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to data center, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare and manufacturing. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeAnalytics, Wi-Fi Coach, ExtremeWireless and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements
Except for the historical information contained herein, the statements in this release, including those concerning the future performance of our On-Site Wi-Fi Coaches and our Pop-up Wi-Fi Solution, are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including the possibility that our products may not be as successful as we anticipate or may not perform as expected.
More information about potential factors that could affect Extreme's business and financial results is included in Extreme's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors." Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.