TAMPA, Fla., May 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EY today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015 Award in Florida. Award recipients will be announced at a black-tie gala event on Thursday, June 11 at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate.
"These finalists were selected from more than 70 nominations by a panel of independent judges," says Greg Rosica, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Florida program partner. "We are very proud to recognize such a successful group of entrepreneurs."
Rosica adds that this award program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. The Florida finalists are:
- Emerging category, Tony McGee, HNM Global Logistics, Orlando
- Family Business category, Jerry P. Brown, Jr. and Thomas H. Brown, Florida Food Products, Inc. Eustis
- Financial Services category, Max Eliscu, LSQ Funding Group, Maitland
- Financial Services category, Kenneth E. LaRoe, First Green Bank, Mount Dora
- Hospitality & Retail category, Don Harrill, Orange Lake Resorts, Kissimmee
- Real Estate & Construction category, Buddy Raney, Raney Construction, Inc., Groveland
- Services category, Todd M. Wilcox, Patriot Capital, LLC, Orlando
- Distribution and Manufacturing category, Mark David Shaw, UltraTech International, Inc., Jacksonville
- Health Care & Life Sciences category, Ricky Caplin, The HCI Group, Jacksonville
- Distribution & Manufacturing category, Marcelo Young, Transitional Foods, Miami
- Emerging category, Daniel Cane, Modernizing Medicine, Boca Raton
- Emerging category, Scott Harris, Deliverlean, Oakland Park
- Health Care & Life Sciences category, Dr. Boris Reznik, Biorasi, Miami
- Hospitality & Retail category, Abe Ng, Sushi Maki, Miami
- Real Estate & Construction category, Ron Antevy, e-Builder, Inc., Plantation
- Real Estate & Construction category, Michael I. Kaufman, Kaufman Lynn Construction, Boca Raton
- Services category, Ted A. Fernandez, The Hackett Group, Inc., Miami
- Services category, Jamarlin Martin, Moguldom Media Group, Fort Lauderdale
- Technology category, Anabel Perez, NovoPayment, Miami
- Technology category, Sam Zietz, Touchesuite, Boca Raton
West Central Florida:
- Distribution & Manufacturing category, Robert Dutkowsky, Tech Data Corporation, Clearwater
- Distribution & Manufacturing category, Gary Enzor, Quality Distribution, Inc., Tampa
- Family Business category, Michael Benstock, Superior Uniform Group, Inc., Seminole
- Family Business category, Geoffrey Neuhoff, GSP Marketing Technologies, Clearwater
- Financial Services category, David F. Siracusa, Employee Leasing Strategies, Dunedin
- Health Care & Life Sciences category, Derek G. Hennecke, Xcelience, Tampa
- Hospitality & Retail category, Robert M. Beall, II, Bealls, Inc., Bradenton
- Technology category, Norman Worthington, Star2Star Communications, LLC, Sarasota
Now in its 29th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in more than 145 cities and 60 countries throughout the world. Regional award recipients go on to compete at the national level. Award recipients in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year overall ward winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation's most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP Americas and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Florida platinum sponsors are Holland & Knight, PNC Bank, Tribridge and Vaco; silver sponsors RFB Communications Group and Scherzer International and media sponsor Smart Business Network.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY's Strategic Growth Markets
EY's Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
RFB Communications Group