NEW YORK, April 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- EyeLock LLC, a leader of iris-based identity authentication solutions, today announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued U.S. Patent No. 9,633,260 that uses conditions of the iris to predict a time sequence for acquiring a high probability of quality iris images. The invention then acquires a series of images during that window.
"Our latest patent – the company's 47th – contributes to the performance and strength of EyeLock's capabilities and intellectual property in the mobile space," said Jim Demitrieus, CEO of EyeLock. "This patent complements EyeLock's recently issued U.S. Patent No. 9,626,563."
Mr. Demitrieus noted that this invention:
- uses conditions about the iris (iris area exposed to a camera, sharpness of features) to predict an upcoming time window during which there is a high probability that good images can be acquired for biometric purposes;
- performs opportunistic acquisition of a number of iris images during that time window, from which a limited number of images with higher quality scores are retained in memory for further processing;
- does not require autofocus functions that often trail user movements and fail to achieve good image focus;
- evaluates acquired images in real time to retain one or more images with better quality scores corresponding to the extent an imaged iris is exposed and in-focus;
- supports mobile or other applications where biometric acquisition may coincide with eye-blinking or is susceptible to motion blur due to user movements at instant of acquisition; and
- supports mobile or other applications where the device memory available for retaining images is often limited.
Further, he summarized EyeLock's recent patents as follows:
April 4, 2017 – the USPTO granted U.S. Patent No. 9,613,281
- The patent assures that iris biometrics are obtained in real time from the same live person as the facial image. The benefits are fraud deterrence and stronger authentication where both iris and facial images are used in multi-factor authentication.
April 18, 2017 – the USPTO granted U.S. Patent No. 9,626,563
- The patent assures opportunistic acquisition of a number of iris images from which a limited number of images that each meets a quality threshold is stored or maintained for further processing. This patent supports mobile or other applications where biometric acquisition may coincide with eye-blinking or is susceptible to motion blur due to user movements and where device memory for holding images is often limited.
These patented solutions are the most recent examples of how EyeLock has achieved significant technological breakthroughs and solved integration challenges that have historically been a barrier to mass-market adoption of iris authentication technology. In addition, the Company's approach provides maximum flexibility by offering designs that have either on-board or host-based processing and illumination. Algorithm performance capabilities for speed and accuracy have been validated by Novetta, a leader in advanced analytics technology and independent biometric testing, as unmatched in the market. The EyeLock reference designs have working distances of up to 60 cm with a false accept rate of 1 in 1.5 million for single eye authentication and a false reject rate of less than 1%.
EyeLock LLC, a majority owned subsidiary of Voxx International Corporation (NASDAQ: VOXX), is an acknowledged leader in advanced iris authentication for the Internet of Things (IoT), providing the highest level of security with EyeLock ID™ technology. Iris authentication is highly secure because no two irises are alike and the iris is the most accurate human identifier other than DNA. The company's significant IP portfolio, including more than 100 patents and patents pending, and proprietary technology enables the convenient and secure authentication of individuals across physical and logical environments. EyeLock's solutions have been integrated and embedded across consumer and enterprise products and platforms, eliminating the need for PINs and passwords. Corporations across the Fortune 500 recognize the level of security EyeLock provides due in part to its extremely low false acceptance rate, ease of use, and scalability. As a sponsor member of the FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a safer and more secure digital presence for consumers, EyeLock is dedicated to advancing digital privacy and next generation security. For more information, please visit www.eyelock.com.
Game 7 Comms
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eyelock-receives-patent-for-invention-predicting-timing-for-quality-iris-images-300446018.html
SOURCE EyeLock LLC