BENTONVILLE, Ark., Dec. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Families are approaching stockings this year with the same savvy budgeting they are using throughout their holiday shopping. To help customers create brimming stockings for a total of $25 or less, Walmart is offering savings on popular stocking stuffers including approximately 20,000 gifts under $5 and several aisles dedicated to $1 candy, toys and games in Walmart stores nationwide.
More than half of surveyed moms enjoy opening stockings together as a family and many consider them one of the most treasured traditions of the season(2). Although eight out of ten moms plan to spend $35 or less for each stocking this holiday(3), customers can shop Walmart to build stockings with flair for $25 or less. Consider these original and affordable ideas for creating stockings for kids and moms from Walmart:
Tiny Tots' Stocking Stuffers -- under $25(4)
Families can fill stockings with fun playthings and bath time items, and watch little ones' faces light up with joy with the following:
- Santa Sippy Cup (assorted shapes available) – $1.00
- Holiday Time Dots Large Pencil – $1.00
- 3-in-1 Game and Puzzle Set (Licensed: Cars, Disney Princess etc) – $2.00
- Holiday Coloring Books (Licensed: Shrek, The Penguins of Madagascar, etc) – $2.50
- Cozy Kid Slippers (Licensed: Disney Princesses, Kermit, Mickey Mouse, Cars, Fairies) – $3.50
- Zhu Zhu Hamster Babies – $3.88
- Tub Time Friends with Squirters and Bubble Bath (Licensed: The Penguins of Madagascar, Sponge Bob, Toy Story 3 and more) – $5.00
- Great Smile Kit with Tooth Brush, Cup and Holder (Licensed: Toy Story 3, Spiderman, Sponge Bob, Dora and more) – $5.00
Pamper Me Mom Stocking – under $25(5)
Don't leave mom out! No one deserves a stocking more than mom, and caring customers can honor their favorites with stockings full of top spa kits and quality beauty items including:
- Bodycology Body Cream – $1.00
- Hard Candy Just Nails (includes bonus heart shaped nail file and heart shaped ring) – $1.00
- Celine Dion Perfume (assorted name brands, .375 fl oz fragrances) – $3.00
- Hair Brush Set (includes 2 brushes, 1 comb, hair bands and 2 hair clips) – $5.00
- Hard Candy Face Facts Set (includes eye shadow primer, 3 eye shadows and applicators, blush/bronzer and brush) – $5.00
- Olay Revitalizing Spa Kit (includes 1 body wash, 1 body lotion, 1 paid slippers, 1 caddy, 1 Febreeze candle and a 1-year subscription of Allure magazine) – $10.00
Furry Friends – under $10(6)
Let's not forget the extended family -- cats and dogs! Walmart offers pre-packaged pet stockings purr-fect for our furry friends, full of assorted holiday toys for under $10, each.
Other Gift Ideas and Stocking Stuffers
Be creative and consider a number of other fun holiday items for girls, boys and dads with stocking stuffers for under $10, under $5 and under $1 for every member of the family, while supplies last:
$10 or Less(7)
- Assorted Bath items for women, girls and kids as low as $10.00
- Special holiday jewelry collection items (assorted sterling silver with 18K gold plaited earring) – $9.00
- Tangled Mini Doll – $6.00
- Axe Special Pack (Shower gel, deodorant, body spray, shampoo and conditioner) – $8.88
- Fruit of the Loom bonus sets with socks, tees and underwear for men, women and children from $6.00 – $8.87
- Facebook Credits gift cards in $5, $10 and $25 denominations
$5 or Less(8)
- Oral-B Smile and Play Pack (Tooth brush, tooth paste and kids floss; Licensed: Toy Story 3, Disney Princesses, Cars, Spiderman, Sponge Bob) – $5.00
- Select Board Games (Licensed: Chutes and Ladders, Ants in the Pants, Yahtzee and Monopoly) – $5.00
- Select DVD Movie Titles (Talladega Nights, Caddyshack, The Karate Kid and more) – $5.00
- Candy Apple Beauty Case (Includes more than seven lip glosses and apple case) – $5.00
- Old Spice Classic Collection Gift Set (Includes 1 cologne and 1 deodorant) – $5.00
- Women's 2 Pack Cozy Socks – $3.00
- Faded Glory Winter Apparel for men, women and children including hats, gloves and cotton tights – $1.00 – $5.00
- Holiday Tins (assorted patterns and sizes) – $1.00 – $3.00
- Hot Wheels (assorted styles) – $1.00
- Bodycology (including body mist, body cream or hand sanitizer) – $1.00 each
- Beauty sweets lip cream and cream bath (assorted shapes: ice cream and cup cake) – $1.00
- Holiday Time Games and Activities (multipacks range from 3-12 items per pack) – $1.00
- Candy Assortments include Bob's Candy Canes, Baby Bottle Pop Candy, Dubble Bubble or Tootsie Roll Reusable Banks, Starburst Fruit Chews and more – $1.00
Visit www.walmart.com to find gifts and other stocking stuffer items for any person and at any holiday budget.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) or "Walmart," serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine's 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
(1) Based on below sample stocking stuffer combinations, if purchased at Walmart.
(2) According to Walmart Customer Insights, December 2010.
(3) According to Walmart Customer Insights, December 2010.
(4) Under $25 price based on sample stocking below. Products available, while supplies last. Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
(5) Under $25 price based on sample stocking below. Products available, while supplies last. Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
(6) Products available, while supplies last. Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
(7) Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
(8) Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
(9) Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.