LAKE MARY, Fla., Sept. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, construction BIM/CIM, product design, public safety forensics, and 3D solutions applications, announces the availability of the FARO® Visual Inspect™ product family. This innovative platform enables large, complex 3D CAD (computer-aided design) data to be transferred to an iPad and then used for mobile visualization and comparison to real world conditions. To watch an overview video, go to https://tech.faro.com/visual-inspect. This enables real time, actionable manufacturing insight through earlier stage error detection in the production, construction or design processes. For more information, go to http://www.faro.com/visual-inspect.
Visual Inspect™ is a true next generation solution as it moves 3D CAD viewing away from the traditional desktop PC to a mobile "in hand, on demand" solution. The 3D CAD data is stored locally on the iPad through an innovative, compressed, mobile format which provides an exceptional degree of flexibility and mobility that together drive increased productivity. The end user is able to document problems and errors with text and images and then easily export both into a Microsoft Excel office document.
The Visual Inspect™ product family offers two exceptional value options.
- Visual Inspect™: enables intuitive mobile viewing, verification and documentation of complex 3D data
- Visual Inspect AR™ : enables complex 3D data to be overlaid and compared to actual data in real time
The integrated iPad camera supports Visual Inspect AR™ as a more cost effective alternative to other Augmented Reality (AR) products that require expensive cameras.
The Visual Inspect™ product family can be ready for use via a simple three step process that includes first downloading the iPad application from the Apple Apps store, calibrating the iPad and then activating the application with the calibration file.
"We are thrilled to follow up our purchase of mwf-technology (http://www.faro.com/news/MWF) in December 2016 with the integration of its innovative technology into the FARO product portfolio," stated Simon Raab, Ph.D., FARO's President and CEO. "We are creating a new paradigm that enables our customers to move beyond doing it the right way most of the time to doing it the best way all the time."
The Visual Inspect™ family is available now for quoting and ordering.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016 and Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker™ and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com.