SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FEARnet is redefining "March Madness," unleashing an all-star roster loaded with haunted houses, evil arms, vampires, slashers and Jigsaw. The beastly bracket features matchups between some of the top stars in the genre, putting their skills to the test in the "SAW Sunday" Stunt, the "Mangled Madness" Marathon, and premieres of acclaimed hits such as the genre indie Buried, the fan favorite Night Watch, the cult classic Body Parts, and much more!
March Highlights Include:
- 'BODY PARTS' (Network Premiere) - Saturday, March 9 (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT)After losing his arm in a car accident, a criminal psychologist (Jeff Fahey) receives the limb of an executed serial killer in this cult "body horror" gem from Hitcher scribe Eric Red. Genre favorite Brad Dourif also stars as the recipient of the killer's other arm.
- "'SAW' Sunday" Stunt - Sunday, March 10 (8 p.m.-12 a.m. ET/5 p.m.-9 p.m. PT)Jigsaw is back as FEARnet presents the final pieces of the puzzle in this "SAW Sunday" stunt. SAW VI sets the wheels of madness in motion at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, delving deeper into the SAW mythos, while Detective Hoffman (Costas Mandylor) continues to uphold Jigsaw's legacy—crafting another deadly game as the FBI closes in. The macabre masterpiece is completed with the broadcast premiere of the series finale, SAW VII, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, as Hoffman (Mandylor) punishes a man who lied about encountering Jigsaw, and Jigsaw's widow (Betsy Palmer) seeks to fulfill her husband's plan with the help of a familiar face.
- "Mangled Madness" Marathon - Thursday, March 14 (8 p.m.-2 a.m. ET/5 p.m.-11 p.m. PT)Non-stop college hoops coverage got you down? Is your bracket looking more horrifying than heroic? Experience a tournament of terror with FEARnet's "Mangled Madness" Marathon! Tip-off begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT with Murder-Set-Pieces, as a Las Vegas photographer makes murder his art form in this shocker featuring appearances by Texas Chainsaw Massacre alums Gunnar Hansen and Edwin Neal, and horror legend Tony Todd. Next, it's Mangler II at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, with Lance Henriksen as the human host of a sinister computer virus, wreaking havoc in the halls of a boarding school. The Mangler Reborn brings this night of carnage to an end, when a repairman buys a legendary killing machine, and is forced to feed it blood as he slowly rots away.
- 'BURIED' (Broadcast Premiere) - Sunday, March 17 (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT)Ryan Reynolds stars in this acclaimed thriller, as an American truck driver in Iraq who awakens bound, gagged, and buried alive in a coffin. Armed with nothing but a cellphone and a lighter, he must piece together clues and unravel the mystery before time runs out.
- 'NIGHT WATCH' (Network Premiere) - Saturday, March 23 (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT)Modern Russia is transformed into a supernatural war zone, when the minions of Night battle the guardians of Light in this award-winning visual feast based on the popular series of graphic novels created by Sergei Lukyanenko.
- 'THE SELLING' (World Television Premiere) - Sunday, March 24 (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT)Desperate for a quick way to make some money to pay for his mother's medical bills, an honest realtor has a difficult time selling a fixer-upper with five bedrooms, four baths, and 12 ghosts in this indie festival favorite.
- "Cowboys & Critters" Marathon - Thursday, March 28 (8 p.m.-2 a.m. ET/5 p.m.-11 p.m. PT)It's the rootinest, tootinest horror show in the West, when the "Cowboys & Critters" Marathon rides into FEARnet. The showdown begins with Dead Noon, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, with a vengeful outlaw who raises the forces of Hell to demolish a small town. Then, it's The Burrowers, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, starring Clancy Brown as a pioneer on a mission to rescue a family from bloodthirsty subterranean creatures. Left for Dead wraps things up at 12 a.m. ET/9 p.m. PT, as a group of scorned women hunt down the man who wronged them, stumbling upon a deserted town haunted by the murderous ghost of a slain preacher.
- 'HOLLA' (World Television Premiere) - Sunday, March 31 (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT)A television star heads out on a quiet weekend retreat to a cabin in the woods. But, unbeknownst to her and her friends, a sadistic killer lurks in the darkness—watching their every move, and waiting to pick them off, one by one.
- Body Parts, Saturday, March 9 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT;
- "SAW Sunday" Stunt, Sunday, March 10 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT;
- "Mangled Madness" Marathon, Thursday, March 14 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT;
- Buried, Sunday, March 17 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT;
- Night Watch, Saturday, March 23 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT;
- The Selling, Sunday, March 24 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT;
- "Cowboys & Critters" Marathon, Thursday, March 28 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT;
- Holla, Sunday, March 31 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT
FEARnet is a multi-platform programming service delivering original and acquired horror, thriller and suspense content as a cable TV movie network, a video-on-demand outlet and web portal. FEARnet, a partnership among Sony Pictures Television, Lionsgate Entertainment and Comcast Corporation, features a robust lineup of popular titles from major film studios and independents, encompassing 300 plus movie titles a year, including 14 world television and 22 theatrical broadcast premieres. The Network is distributed to U.S. cable subscribers across the country on various systems and is often ranked as the number-one free HD VOD movie service available in more than 27 million homes. The website, FEARnet.com, ranks as one of the most popular sites in the genre category among total uniques and duration per visit. Follow FEARnet on Facebook and Twitter (@FEARnet). For more information about the company, visit www.FEARnet.com. To access photos visit FEARnetPR on flickr.