ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE: FRT) announced a series of promotions within its leadership team to support the company's continued growth in 2019 and beyond.
Senior Executive Team: Wendy Seher and Jan Sweetman have been promoted to executive vice president and will serve as members of the Trust's executive committee, in addition to their existing roles as members of the investment committee.
- Wendy Seher, a 30-year industry veteran who has been with the Trust for nearly two decades, has been appointed executive vice president, Eastern Region president. In this capacity, Ms. Seher is responsible for leading the leasing, development, and asset management teams for the Trust's East Coast portfolio, which comprises over 18 million square feet of real estate from Boston to Miami, and Chicago.
- Jan Sweetnam, a seasoned executive with more than three decades in the industry who joined the Trust in 1997, has been promoted to executive vice president, Western Region chief operating officer overseeing the asset management, operating and development activities for the Trust's West Coast portfolio, which represents nearly 5.5 million square feet of real estate.
Additionally, the Trust has promoted key personnel in its leasing, development, operations and finance teams.
- Stuart Biel has been appointed senior vice president, regional leasing. Mr. Biel, who joined Federal Realty in 2005, leads the leasing and merchandising efforts for existing mixed-use assets on the East Coast, in addition to properties with large-scale redevelopment potential.
- Liz Ryan is now vice president, regional leasing. Ms. Ryan joined Federal Realty in 2015 and has over 15 years of retail leasing experience. In this role, she leads the leasing and merchandising activities for the Trust's Northeast and Chicago assets.
- Patrick McMahon has been appointed senior vice president, regional development. Mr. McMahon joined Federal Realty in 2013. With nearly 20 years of real estate development experience, he is responsible for the management of the Trust's development pipeline in the Northeast.
- Seth Bland, a 30-year development veteran has been promoted to senior vice president, regional development. In this capacity, Mr. Bland, who joined the company in 2014, oversees the strategy and execution of the Trust's development activities on the West Coast.
- Mark Brennan is now vice president, regional development. Mr. Brennan, who joined the Trust in 2017, has been active in real estate development for over 15 years. In this role, he is responsible for all phases of development for the Trust's New York assets.
- Brad Dutton is now vice president, regional construction. Mr. Dutton joined Federal Realty in 2015 and has over 20 years of construction experience. In this capacity, he manages all phases of construction for the Trust's Northeast portfolio.
- Stuart MacDonald has been promoted to vice president, regional development. Mr. MacDonald joined Federal Realty in 2008. With over 30 years of development, construction and design management experience, he is responsible for the delivery of a variety of projects for the Trust's Western Region.
Operations and Finance:
- James Milam, who joined the Trust in 2016 with an extensive background in investment management, has been promoted to senior vice president, regional finance and portfolio manager responsible for the financial management, strategy and performance of a select group of complex assets in the Eastern Region.
- Ronald Becker is now vice president, national operations and sustainability. With over 25 years of real estate experience, Mr. Becker, who joined the Trust in 2015, is responsible for providing tactical leadership to property management across the portfolio and oversees the sustainability program at Federal Realty.
- Matt Ehrie has been promoted to vice president, regional portfolio manager. Mr. Ehrie joined Federal Realty in 2015 and has over 30 years of asset management experience. In this capacity, he oversees the strategy and performance of the Trust's Northeast portfolio.
- Angela Lee is now vice president, regional finance. Ms. Lee joined Federal Realty in 2006 and has over 18 years of real estate finance experience. In this role, she is responsible for the overall financial management of the Western Region, providing strategic direction, planning, analysis and reporting.
"For more than 50 years, Federal Realty has been driven by its commitment to sustainable, long-term growth through the ownership of best-in-class real estate, which can only be backed by industry-leading management of our assets," said Don Wood, president and chief executive officer of Federal Realty. "As we set the company up for the next 50 years, our focus on this critical advantage will not waver. Promoting from within is the ultimate proof of our strength, and I congratulate Wendy, Jan and the rest of the team on their well-deserved promotions as they assume these important new roles."
For additional information, please visit the leadership section of our website.
About Federal Realty
Federal Realty is a recognized leader in the ownership, operation and redevelopment of high-quality retail based properties located primarily in major coastal markets from Washington, D.C. to Boston as well as San Francisco and Los Angeles. Founded in 1962, Federal Realty's mission is to deliver long term, sustainable growth through investing in densely populated, affluent communities where retail demand exceeds supply. Its expertise includes creating urban, mixed-use neighborhoods like Santana Row in San Jose, California, Pike & Rose in North Bethesda, Maryland and Assembly Row in Somerville, Massachusetts. These unique and vibrant environments that combine shopping, dining, living and working provide a destination experience valued by their respective communities. Federal Realty's 105 properties include approximately 3,000 tenants, in approximately 24 million square feet, and over 2,600 residential units.
Federal Realty has increased its quarterly dividends to its shareholders for 51 consecutive years, the longest record in the REIT industry. Federal Realty is an S&P 500 index member and its shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbol FRT. For additional information about Federal Realty and its properties, visit www.FederalRealty.com.
SOURCE Federal Realty Investment Trust