Mar 21, 2019, 07:00 ET
WASHINGTON, March 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Feed the Truth today announced next steps to move forward with its mission of advancing truth, transparency, and integrity to support a healthy, equitable, and sustainable food system.
The non-profit organization has convened a board of directors, launched the search for a founding executive director, and is beginning the work of establishing the strategic priorities that will guide the work of Feed the Truth.
Feed the Truth's inaugural board of directors includes:
- Mara Fleishman, CEO, Chef Ann Foundation
- Tracy Fox, MPH, RD, founder and president, Food Nutrition & Policy Consultants, LLC
- Jim Krieger, MD, MPH (Board Chair), founding executive director, Healthy Food America and Clinical Professor of Medicine and Health Services, University of Washington
- Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, PhD, Jean Mayer Professor of Nutrition, Dean of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Michael Roberts, JD, Executive Director, Resnick Center for Food Law and Policy at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- Angie Tagtow, MS, RD, LD, Founder and Chief Strategist, Äkta Strategies, LLC
"Feed the Truth will focus on revealing and counteracting the forces that seek to influence nutrition policy, spread misinformation, and undermine sound nutrition science, forces that lead to a food system that creates disease rather than supports health," said Jim Krieger, Feed the Truth board chair. "As an independent, objective organization that convenes expert voices from across the food system, Feed the Truth is well-positioned to drive the science-based policy, systems, and environment change needed to improve transparency and integrity, address structural inequalities, and advance justice in the food system."
The new board of directors will work with the executive director, once selected, to implement programmatic activities. With a U.S. focus and a global perspective, Feed the Truth will:
- Convene experts and stakeholders to identify and advance strategies;
- Translate and disseminate evidence-based information to support informed decision-making by all;
- Advocate for policy, systems, and environmental changes;
- Facilitate, catalyze, and support the efforts of others; and
- Develop resources and initiatives to reach its goals.
Feed the Truth has launched a national search for its first executive director, a professional leader able to take the reins and work to develop this strategy and translate it into reality through bold actions.
"Our ideal executive director candidate is a true 'servant leader,' focused on what they – and Feed the Truth – can do to help improve people's lives, advance health equity, and drive change in the food system," said Krieger. "We are seeking a mission-oriented, values-driven individual who is passionate and knowledgeable about the forces that shape the food value chain. They must have an entrepreneurial drive and commitment to building and supporting a new and dynamic organization from the ground up."
Koya Leadership Partners has been exclusively retained for this search. To learn more about the executive director position and to apply, visit https://koyapartners.com/search/ftt-executive-director/.
Feed the Truth is a wholly independent 501(c)(3), meaning it can receive financial support from grants and public contributions. In 2017, it was conceptualized and launched by Daniel Lubetzky, the founder and CEO of KIND Healthy Snacks (KIND). Lubetzky has made a 10-year, $25 million foundational funding commitment, and the organization welcomes additional contributions from donors that share its vision for a healthier food system. To ensure complete independence, KIND and Lubetzky are not involved in Feed the Truth in any way.
"I am excited to hear that such an esteemed group of food and public health experts has committed to serve on Feed the Truth's board of directors," said Daniel Lubetzky, founder and CEO, KIND. "I look forward to following these leaders, along with the future executive director, from afar as they independently work to define and advance the organization's mission, strategic priorities, and programming – all with an eye towards improving public health."
To learn more and get involved, visit FeedtheTruth.org.
SOURCE Feed the Truth
Share this article