NEW YORK, Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- IAmElemental, the toy company that pioneered strong, healthy female action figures, will bring its "Elements of Power" to life at New York Comic Con on October 8-11, 2015 through events and limited-edition figures. To view the company's Series 1/Courage figures, visit http://www.iamelemental.com/iamelemental-female-action-figures/.
IAmElemental's events at New York Comic Con include:
- Saturday, October 10, 1:45-2:45 p.m.: BAM! POW! Create Your Own Superhero: The IAmElemental team will help kids of all ages create superhero characters and lay out a storyboard to start creating their very own comic. (Location: Family HQ – 1C01)
- Sunday, October 11, ongoing: HeForShe Day at IAmElemental Booth: IAmElemental will offer events and giveaways in support of UN Women's HeForShe campaign (http://www.heforshe.org), a solidarity movement for gender equality. (Location: Booth #1760)
- Sunday, October 11, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion: Representatives from UN Women and leaders from the film and toy industries including IAmElemental's Chief Elemental Officer, Julie Kerwin will discuss "A (Wo)man's World: Closing the Gender Gap in Pop Culture." (Location: Room 1B03)
Limited-edition figures from Series 1/Courage include:
- Gold Honesty: IAmElemental's winged Honesty female action figure will be available in a metallic gold colorway exclusively for New York Comic Con attendees. Attendees can pre-order Gold Honesty at IAmElemental.com for pick up at the IAmElemental booth.
- Pink Bravery: In support of breast cancer research, IAmElemental has created a metallic pink colorway of the Bravery female action figure, as well as a set of greeting cards with Bravery-inspired images, designed by female comic book, graphic novel and animation artists. All proceeds from the sale of Pink Bravery and her cards will fund breast cancer research at the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center in Chapel Hill, NC. Figures and cards will be available at the IAmElemental booth and on IAmElemental.com.
IAmElemental, which was launched to worldwide acclaim via Kickstarter, envisions kids as the creators of a play experience in which they are the active agents in a story of their own design. The company's female action figures boast a forward-thinking design and engineering unique among products designed for children; they are "fierce, strong females worthy of an active, save-the-world storyline that fosters creativity among girls – and boys!" according to Kerwin.
"The IAmElemental New York Comic Con experience includes several groups that mean so much to us: we're partnering with UN Women to support gender equality through their HeForShe campaign, supporting the fight against breast cancer with our Pink Bravery figure, motivating the next generation of storytellers with our kids' comic workshop, and thanking our amazing collector community with our Gold Honesty figure. We look forward to seeing everyone at Booth 1760," said Kerwin.
IAmElemental is a privately held, New York City-based company, founded in 2013. The company conducted a Kickstarter campaign in 2014 which was fully funded in two days, drawing backers from all 50 states and six continents. The company was named by TIME Magazine as one of the "25 Best Inventions of 2014" and "Top 10 Toys of 2014."
For more information, visit IAmElemental's Booth #1760 at New York Comic Con, visit http://www.IAmElemental.com or call (800) 274-8282.
About IAmElemental: New York City-based IAmElemental is a privately held toy company creating the first-ever female action figures designed specifically for girls (and boys!). IAmElemental envisions kids as the creators of a play experience in which they are the active agents in a story of their own design. Founded in 2013, the company launched Series 1/Courage via Kickstarter, and was named by TIME Magazine as one of the "25 Best Inventions of 2014" and "Top 10 Toys of 2014." "If you give a girl a different toy, she will tell a different story"; "Play with power"; "It's character, not characters"; "Shared, everyone's powers grow stronger"; and "We have superpowers. Want some?" are trademarks of IAmElemental. For more information, visit http://www.IAmElemental.com, Twitter: @IAmElementalToy, Facebook: IAmElemental, Instagram: IAmElementalToy.