TEWKSBURY, Mass., March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "clean plate club" just took on a whole new meaning – for dogs! And we're not just talking about pups licking their bowls clean with delight – we're talking about clean ingredients being served up in new line of dry food recipes from Wellness® Natural Pet Food: Wellness® CORE® SIX.
According to a recent survey of dog owners conducted on Facebook, six out of 10 consumers believe their dog has a food allergy or intolerance. Crafted with just six main ingredient sources, Wellness CORE SIX is a clean, limited-ingredient, high-protein diet that delivers the balanced nutrition your dog needs to thrive – with up to 35 percent more protein than other limited ingredient diets. Each recipe contains only one thoughtfully-sourced animal protein and a short list of hardworking, powerful, non-GMO ingredients that dogs need for an active, healthy lifestyle:
- Peas for a boost of plant-based protein and fiber
- Nutrient-dense chickpeas packed with complex carbohydrates to support healthy energy levels
- Omega-rich flaxseed to support a strong immune system
- Canola oil to support healthy skin and coat
- Tomato pomace for a boost of antioxidants and fiber
These main ingredients are supplemented with essential vitamins, minerals and probiotics to ensure each recipe is complete and balance. All Wellness CORE SIX recipes are crafted with no grains, chicken, potatoes, tapioca, dairy or wheat, and are free of artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
"At a time when perceived food intolerances in pets are rising, Wellness CORE SIX meets the needs of pet parents who are looking for balanced nutrition for their dog without extra ingredients," said Kathleen Murray, Brand Manager for Wellness Dog Food at WellPet. "All of our Wellness CORE recipes are crafted to ensure mealtime is something dogs are excited about – even for those with ingredient sensitivities! With these new cleanly-crafted recipes, pet parents can avoid ingredients that their pets are sensitive to while still ensuring they get the balanced nutrition and great taste they need and deserve."
Wellness CORE SIX is available in four recipes: Free-Range Lamb, Cage-Free Duck, Sustainably-Sourced Salmon and Sustainably-Sourced Salmon for Small Breeds.
Wellness CORE is also announcing a new look for their protein-packed Petite Treats for small breed dogs and new Wellness CORE Puppy Bites:
- Wellness CORE Petite Treats: These grain-free, protein-rich snacks for small breeds now have a whole new look. Over 100 treats are in each 6 oz. bag and at just 3 – 4 calories per treat, they are perfect for treating or training. Available in a Crunchy Chicken, Cherries & Spearmint; Soft Turkey, Pomegranate & Ginger; and Soft Lamb, Apples & Cinnamon recipes.
- Wellness CORE Puppy Bites: These soft & meaty, bite-sized treats are made specifically for puppies. They are packed with protein, superfoods and DHA from Salmon Oil and contain no grains, corn, soy, or artificial flavors or colors. Perfect for treating or training! Wellness CORE Puppy Bites are available in Soft Beef & Turkey recipe.
At Wellness, we're a family-owned company of pet parents on a mission to raise the bar in pet food, because we believe the right choice at mealtime forms the foundation of a long, happy life together. That's why we do things the right way, not the easy way—we are 100 percent focused on natural nutrition all the time, crafting our pet food and treats recipes that are carefully sourced and thoughtfully prepared. That means we use the finest, natural ingredients, ensure the highest quality standards, and create delicious recipes pets crave to make every mealtime count. Like you, we know that our pets provide us unconditional love, and providing uncompromising nutrition is one way we can do the same for them. To learn more about Wellness Natural Pet Food, visit wellnesspetfood.com and Facebook.com/WellnessPetFood, and find Wellness on Instagram and Twitter: @wellnesspetfood.
SOURCE Wellness Natural Pet Food