LEOMINSTER, Mass., Dec. 7, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Fidelity Bank's employees are foregoing their annual Holiday Party this year and instead are making donations to eight different community organizations in Central Massachusetts. Fidelity Bank, which has offices in seven locations throughout Central Massachusetts, is one of the oldest and fastest-growing independent community banks in the state.
"Many of our employees had expressed concern for how tough it was going to be this holiday season for those families who have been struggling in these difficult economic conditions," said Ellen M. Amadio-Aubuchon, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer for Fidelity Bank. "In response, we offered the option of foregoing our annual holiday party, and instead, using the funds to donate to area food pantries and other local organizations that provide food, clothing and other basic quality of life services to needy families and the elderly."
She added, "We were not surprised at all when our employees overwhelmingly voted to forego the holiday party given their compassionate nature and commitment to their communities. Once the employees made themselves heard, our Board of Directors decided to do the same thing, and we were able to donate $2,000 each to eight deserving local organizations. These actions really reflect Fidelity Bank's longstanding credo of helping people get to where they want to be."
The employees of each of Fidelity Bank's seven branches, in addition to the bank's Board of Directors, selected the local organizations that are receiving the $2,000 donations. They include:
- Worcester County Food Bank was selected by the Worcester branch office on Shrewsbury Street. For every $1 the Food Bank receives, it will distribute $5 worth of food to the needy, which means that Fidelity Bank's $2,000 will buy $10,000 worth of food.
- Millbury Fire Department's Ladies Auxiliary, which will provide food baskets for the needy, was selected by the Millbury office employees
- Ginny's Helping Hands and Food Pantry, a Leominster-based organization that provides shelter, food and toys to needy families, was selected by the Leominster branch employees.
- Gardner Community Action Committee, which provides food, clothing, shelter and heating for families in need, was selected by the Gardner branch employees.
- Montachusett Home Care Corporation, a Leominster agency that provides fuel assistance, food, emergency shelter assistance and clothing to the elderly, was selected by the Leominster Connector branch employees.
- Shirley Friendship Fund, which provides the needy with food, shelter and heat throughout the year, was chosen by the Shirley branch employees, and the $2,000 donation will put out 50 food baskets during Christmastime for those in need.
- Fitchburg Senior Center will now be able to give seniors a holiday party thanks to the $2,000 donation made by the employees of Fidelity Bank's Fitchburg office.
- North Central Massachusetts United Way Emergency Care Fund was the recipient of the $2,000 donation made by Fidelity Bank's Board of Directors, which will go toward providing food, clothing, shelter, mortgage assistance, rental assistance and energy assistance.
About Fidelity Bank:
Fidelity Bank – one of the oldest and continually growing independent, local community banks in Central MA – offers a full range of Banking, Investment and Insurance products and programs, and has full-service offices in Fitchburg, Gardner, Leominster, Millbury, Shirley, and Worcester. Since 1888, the bank has remained committed to businesses, families and individuals in the communities it serves; in turn, loyalty demonstrated by members of those cities and towns has allowed the bank to become one of the strongest financial institutions in the region. Today, Fidelity Bank has total assets of $522 million and a net worth nearly two times the minimum regulatory requirement. The FDIC and the Share Insurance Fund insures all deposits.
For further information, visit www.fidelitybankonline.com or call 800.581.5363.
SOURCE Fidelity Bank