Final Week to Register for PRSA Georgia's Annual Conference
May 2nd Last Day to Sign up for Full Day Program Emphasizing Content Strategy
ATLANTA, April 29, 2014
ATLANTA, April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Georgia Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (www.prsageorgia.org) announced the final day to register for this year's Annual Conference. Registration will remain open through May 2nd for PRSA Georgia's 9th Annual Conference. Once registration closes, there will be no additional opportunities to sign up online or onsite. The conference takes place on May 9th at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center.
The program continues to grow and evolve thanks to attendee feedback from previous conferences. As part of the Annual Conference's updated format, PRSA Georgia introduces a new feature: "PRx Talks." Morning programming will continue to showcase traditional breakout sessions with the afternoon schedule filled with PRx Talks delivering the latest information and trends in the communications field with 20-minute, back-to-back presentations similar to TED Talks.
As content becomes increasingly pivotal, many sessions will focus on content strategy tied to the Annual Conference theme, "Create. Converge. Connect.," as communicators create content, converge content across strategic platforms and ultimately connect with target audiences.
The Chapter also welcomes Atlanta-based Managing Director of Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide and immediate-past PRSA CEO and Chair Mickey Nall, APR, Fellow PRSA, as the opening keynote speaker. From his vantage point of more than 30 years in the public relations profession, Nall will offer insights on the future of the PR industry and share an industry forecast of communications concepts and techniques. As a key industry influencer, Nall will examine specific learnings, industry trends and the areas of expertise PR professionals should concentrate on during what is expected to be a lively kick-off session on the future of the profession.
Featured sessions include:
- "Media Panel: Content Strategy in a Digital Age" with Jamila Robinson, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and Jacques Couret, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- "From Board Games to Big Ideas: How the Games We Played Growing Up Can Help Us Build Better Teams and Develop Smarter Strategies" with Daniel Brown, 22squared
- "Slowing Down to Create Smarter Pitches" with Anne Isenhower, Anne Isenhower Communications, and Leon Stafford, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- "From Pitch to Presentation: A 180 Degree View of Storytelling" with Lynn Berry and Kelly Bowman, HLN
- "Connecting with the Community" with Ethan Davidson, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. and Brenda Morrow, Chick-fil-A
- "Do You 'Get' Numbers? Using Data to Gain Visibility for Your Brand" with Nicole Carriere and Isabelle Helms, AutoTrader
- "Leading Executive Conversations: Be Confident, Be Compelling, Be Concise" with Sally Williamson, Sally Williamson & Associates
- "The Little Engine That Could" with Tomika DePriest, Spelman College and Kathy Keeley, All About Developmental Disabilities (AADD)
- "It Takes a Village to Build a Village" with JoEllen Saeli-Lane, CARE
- "Delivering Compelling Content that Sticks" with Michael Tavani, Scoutmob
- "Quenching Your Thirst for Play: Coca-Cola Helps America Refresh its Favorite Parks" with Diana Garza Ciarlante, Coca-Cola North America
Register at http://www.prsageorgia.org/events/event_details.asp?id=399573&group= through May 2nd to get in on a full day of learning and connecting. There will be no onsite registration opportunity.
For session descriptions and updates visit http://www.prsageorgia.org/?page=Conference_Program.
About PRSA Georgia:
PRSA's Georgia Chapter (www.prsageorgia.org) consists of some 850 members throughout Georgia. Its mission is to enhance the profession, provide continuing education and offer networking opportunities for its members.
The Chapter has monthly meetings as well as eight Special Interest Groups (Corporate and Employee Communications, Healthcare, Independent Counselors, Leader Board, Nonprofit, Technology, Travel and Tourism, and Young Professionals) that meet at various times.
The Chapter supports 10 PRSSA (student society) groups at the following colleges: Berry College (Rome), Clark Atlanta University (Atlanta), Columbus State University (Columbus), Georgia College & State University (Milledgeville), Georgia State University (Atlanta), Georgia Southern University (Statesboro), Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw), Savannah State University (Savannah), University of Georgia (Athens), and University of West Georgia (Carrollton).
SOURCE Georgia Chapter, Public Relations Society of America