NEWTON, Mass., July 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation ("Invest in Others") is pleased to announce that 15 financial advisors have been selected as finalists for the 2019 Invest in Others Awards.
Now in its 13th year, the Invest in Others Awards program recognizes the charitable work of financial advisors in communities across the country and around the world. Through this flagship program, Invest in Others has presented 64 awards, partnered with more than 225 charities, shared hundreds of inspirational stories, and donated over $3 million to causes that financial advisors and firms care so much about.
Financial advisors are nominated for actively giving back to nonprofits in order to improve their communities and make a difference in the lives of others. Finalists are selected based on their leadership, dedication, contribution, inspiration, and impact on a nonprofit and the community it serves. The designated nonprofits of award finalists and winners will receive donations of up to $50,000 from Invest in Others.
Awards will be presented at the 13th annual Invest in Others Awards Gala, a premier event attended by over 700 financial advisors and financial services executives, on September 26, 2019 at the Westin Boston Waterfront in Boston. Top sponsors include Allianz, Cetera Financial Group, Fidelity Investments, LPL Financial, Merrill Lynch, and Natixis Investment Managers. To learn more about the finalists and their charitable work, visit investinothers.org/awards and follow #IiOAwards on social media.
By award category, the 2019 finalists are:
- Mike Berry of Legacy Wealth Management in Grand Junction, Colo., for Kids Aid
- Dan Hintz of UBS Financial Services Inc. in Indianapolis, Ind., for Million Meal Movement
- David A. Pickler of Pickler Wealth Advisors in Collierville, Tenn., for the American Public Education Foundation
- Michael Deutsch of United Capital Financial Advisers, LLC in Memphis, Tenn., for Memphis Inner City Rugby
- Rachel Schwarz of The Short Hills Group at UBS Financial Services Inc. in Short Hills, N.J., for the Greater Newark Conservancy
- Lawrence D. Sprung of Mitlin Financial, Inc. in Hauppauge, N.Y., for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Richard S. Brown of JNBA Financial Advisors in Minneapolis, Minn., for the Starkey Hearing Foundation
- Matt MacLean of Affirm Wealth Advisors, a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., in Peoria, Ariz., for Quenched
- Mike Mayernick of Mayernick & Associates at Northwestern Mutual in Nashville, Tenn., for Love One International
Volunteer of the Year
- Wayne F. Holly of Sage Rutty and Company, Inc. in Rochester, N.Y., for the Bivona Child Advocacy Center
- Brock Moseley of Miracle Mile Advisors in Los Angeles, Calif., for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles
- Kevin M. Nast of NastGroup Financial in Northville, Mich., for Life Remodeled
- Eric Candelori of Merrill Lynch in Vienna, Va., for the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Andy Schwartz of Bleakley Financial Group in Fairfield, N.J., for NJ SEEDS
- Fred Taylor of Northstar Investment Advisors, LLC in Denver, Colo., for Children's Hospital Colorado Foundation
"We received a record number of award nominations this year. Narrowing the decision to just three finalists per category proved extremely challenging for our judges," said Megan McAuley, Executive Director and President of Invest in Others Charitable Foundation. "However, this year's finalists are an impressive group who not only go above and beyond in their charitable work, but have also made a significant impact on those in need. Collectively, they volunteer over 450 hours per month, raise more than $6 million annually, and help more than 2.5 million people each year through their designated charities."
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
The inspiration for the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation came directly from the financial advisors who invest in others by giving back to their communities with overwhelming generosity and dedication. Since its founding in 2006, Invest in Others has amplified these efforts by providing a platform for advisors to increase awareness, visibility, and funding to their favorite non-profits. For more information, visit investinothers.org or follow Invest in Others on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Jessica Dunham, Director of Programs and Communications
Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
email@example.com | 781.304.4812
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation