NEWTON, Mass., July 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation is pleased to announce that fifteen financial advisors and six financial services companies were selected as finalists for the 2017 Invest in Others Awards.
Now in its eleventh year, the Invest in Others Awards program recognizes the charitable work of financial advisors and financial services firms in communities across the country and around the world. Through this flagship program, Invest in Others has presented 50 awards, partnered with over 140 charities, shared hundreds of inspirational stories, and donated over $2 million to causes that financial advisors and firms care so much about.
Financial advisors are nominated by their peers for actively giving back to non-profits to improve their communities and make a difference in the lives of others. Hundreds of nominations were received this year and finalists were selected based on their leadership, dedication, contribution, inspiration, and impact on a non-profit and the community it serves. The designated non-profits of award finalists and winners will receive donations of up to $25,000 from Invest in Others.
By award category, the 2017 finalists are:
- Jody C. D'Agostini of The Falcon Financial Group in Morristown, N.J. for Community in Crisis
- Derek Fiorenza of Summit Group Retirement Planners, Inc. in Exton, Pa. for Fiorenza's Food for Friends
- Paul Housey of ISTO Advisors in Troy, Mich. for Building Bridges
- Jim Geraghty of Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management in Boston, Mass. for the Robert F. Kennedy Children's Action Corps
- Jonna D. Keller of First Security Investments, LLC in Sarasota, Fla. for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County
- Thomas E. Reilly, Jr. of Birch Hill Investment Advisors LLC in Boston, Mass. for Crossroads
Global Community Impact
- Michael Altman of Ameriprise Financial in Sandy Springs, Ga. for Flying Doctors of America
- Paul R. Martel of YHB Investment Advisors in West Hartford, Conn. for Fundacion Internacional Buen Samaritano Paul Martel, Inc.
- Michael Thaler of Equity Concepts in Henrico, Va. for Effective Ministries, Inc.
Volunteer of the Year
- Jonathan E. Baker of Jon Baker Financial Group in Atlanta, Ga. for the Georgia Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Mary Brooks of Integrē Wealth Management in Walnut Creek, Calif. for White Pony Express
- Bill Sparks of Merrill Lynch in Encinitas, Calif. for Los Angelitos de Encinitas, Inc.
- Mark Anselmo of Anselmo Investment Management in Temecula, Calif. for Our Nicholas Foundation
- Gerald H. Denney, Jr. of Piedmont Wealth Management, LLC in Charlottesville, Va. for Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, Inc.
- Ben Sax of Merrill Lynch Private Banking & Investment Group in New York, N.Y. for the Anti-Defamation League
Corporate Philanthropy - Advisory Firms:
- Arnerich Massena, Inc. of Portland, Ore.
- Greenspring Wealth Management of Towson, Md.
- Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group of Wakefield, Mass.
Corporate Philanthropy - Financial Institutions:
- Commonwealth Financial Network of Waltham, Mass.
- Eaton Vance of Boston, Mass.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) of Springfield, Mass.
"We're thrilled to kick off our 11th year with an incredible group of advisor and corporate finalists that contribute in meaningful ways to their communities. They actively work to make a difference across a spectrum of causes including hunger prevention, youth development, financial literacy, medical research, and much more," said Megan McAuley, Executive Director & President of Invest in Others.
Awards will be presented at the eleventh annual Invest in Others Awards Gala, a premier event attended by nearly 600 financial advisors and financial services executives, on September 28, 2017 in New York City. Top sponsors include Allianz, Cambridge Investment Research, Fidelity Investments, and TD Ameritrade Institutional.
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
The inspiration for the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation came directly from the financial advisors who invest in others by giving back to their communities with overwhelming generosity and dedication. Since its founding in 2006, Invest in Others has amplified these efforts by providing a platform for advisors to increase awareness, visibility, and funding to their favorite non-profits. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
Jessica Dunham, Director of Marketing and Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 781.304.4812
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation