NEWTON, Mass., Sept. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 12th annual Invest in Others Awards Gala was held on September 27, 2018, at the Westin Boston Waterfront in Boston, Mass. Nearly 700 financial advisors and financial services executives attended the event to recognize and celebrate the charitable work of financial advisors and firms in communities across the country and around the world.
"The charitable efforts of this year's honorees stand as examples for all of us," said Megan McAuley, Executive Director & President of Invest in Others. "We're thrilled to not only celebrate and honor them for this work, but also help their charities make a difference in the communities they serve. Invest in Others has doubled the donation amounts it is awarding to the charities of this year's winners. These donations will impact thousands of people in need."
Awards were presented to financial advisors in five categories. Invest in Others donated $40,000 to each winner's designated charity, with the exception of the Lifetime Achievement Award winner, whose charity received a $50,000 donation. In addition, 10 finalists received donations of $10,000 to each of their charities. By award category, the winners are:
- Catalyst Award: Carrie Coghill of Coghill Investment Strategies in Pittsburgh, Pa. for the Magee-Womens Research Institute & Foundation
- Community Service Award: Brenda Blisk of Blisk Financial Group in McLean, Va. for the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region
- Global Impact Award: Jim Quigley of Barrington Wealth Management in Chicago, Ill. for Hope's In
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Sacha Millstone of The Millstone Evans Group of Raymond James in Boulder, Colo. for Funding the Future
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Pat Sullivan of Private Advisor Group in Morristown, N.J. for Good Grief
Financial companies were honored with the Corporate Philanthropy Award. A charity of each winner's choice received a donation of $5,000 from Invest in Others. By category, the winners are:
- Corporate Philanthropy – Advisory Firms: SkyOak Wealth of Medford, Ore. and Las Vegas, Nev.
- Corporate Philanthropy – Financial Institutions: Berkshire Bank of Boston, Mass.
Top sponsors of the event included Allianz Exchange, Cetera Financial Group, Fidelity Investments, LPL Financial, and Merrill Lynch.
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
The inspiration for the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charity, came directly from the financial advisors who invest in others by giving back to their communities with overwhelming generosity and dedication. Since its founding in 2006, Invest in Others has amplified these efforts by providing a platform for advisors to increase awareness, visibility, and funding to their favorite non-profits. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
Jessica Dunham, Director of Programs and Communications
[email protected] | 781.304.4812
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation