SAN FRANCISCO, May 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, announces the first Briefings selected for what is expected to be one of the biggest years yet for Black Hat USA. Returning to Las Vegas for its 18th year, Black Hat will welcome the world's brightest information security professionals and researchers to reveal vulnerabilities that impact everything from popular operating systems to the cars we drive and industrial systems we rely on every day. This year's show will run August 1-6, 2015 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. For more information and to save $400 on your Briefings Pass by June 5, please visit blackhat.com/us-15/.
Selected from the largest pool of submissions in Black Hat's history, the first batch of selected Briefings provide a glimpse into the quality content that is yet to come:
- Analyzing the security of Windows 10's new architecture, including the ability to bypass Control Flow Guard (CFG), and 'social engineering' the Windows kernel.
- Automotive vulnerabilities abound, including exploits on Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) radio receivers and a fresh look at how remote exploitation works against an unaltered, factory vehicle, sending messages on the CAN bus to critical electronic control units.
- Diving into the state of BGP security, the routing protocol that essentially makes the internet work – if we want to keep trust in "The Internet of Things," we first have to build trust in the network that powers it.
- Manipulating industrial systems, including DCS, PCS, ICS & SCADA switches, that allow for the creation of malicious firmwares for further MITM manipulation of a live process – ultimately leading to plant or process shutting down or getting into a unknown and hazardous state.
- Winning the online banking war, including a novel method derived from Zero Knowledge Protocol that prevents banking malware from reverse engineering secrets transmitted between an online banking client and its server by eavesdropping on HTTPS traffic.
Be sure to check back for the latest Briefings schedule as they're added, here: blackhat.com/us-15/briefings.html.
Black Hat Trainings:
In addition to the renowned Briefings on the main stage, Black Hat USA 2015 will also offer nearly 70 deeply technical hands-on Training sessions led by some of the most sought after security experts in the field. Running August 1-4, the Black Hat Trainings offer attendees a separate set of courses on everything from broader offensive security to the latest in penetration testing, infrastructure hacking, mobile application security, analyzing automotive electrical systems and everything in between. Take advantage of early registration prices for Trainings by June 5 and save $200 on your selected course(s): blackhat.com/us-15/training/.
Black Hat Arsenal:
Back by popular demand for its sixth year and running alongside the Briefings (August 6-7), the Black Hat Arsenal will offer researchers and the open source community a venue to demonstrate their latest and greatest work. The deadline to submit your latest weapons and security tools is tomorrow, May 15 at 23:59 – get them in today: blackhat.com/us-15/specialevents.html#arsenal.
Sponsors of Black Hat USA 2015 include: Diamond Sponsors: FireEye, Lieberman Software, Qualys, RSA and Tenable Network Security; Platinum Plus Sponsors: AlienVault, Cisco, Digital Guardian, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity, HP, Lockheed Martin Corporation, LogRhythm, Palo Alto Networks, Raytheon Cyber Products, and Webroot; Platinum Sponsors: Bromium, Core Security Technologies, Fortinet, IBM, Accuvant + FishNet, Proofpoint, Tripwire, and ZeroFOX.
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech engages technology professionals live and online through its world-class brands, including Black Hat, InformationWeek, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Dark Reading, HDI, GTEC, Network Computing and Interop. We're dedicated to fostering real engagement by creating environments where the technology industry can make connections, share insights, and network effectively. UBM Tech is the only media company that delivers large-scale industry events, leading online brands and content marketing services serving the Enterprise IT, Information Security, Game Development, Enterprise Communications and Technical Services and Support communities. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
SOURCE UBM Tech