HOUSTON, Oct. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The inaugural Downstream Executive Conference, set for December 10, at the Omni Houston Hotel, will feature the Frederick L. Potter Awards, which honor the legacy of a beloved Hart Energy executive. Before his death in 2012, Potter served as the executive vice president of Hart Energy Consulting, which is now Stratas Advisors. Throughout a distinguished 30-year career in Washington, D.C., Potter established himself as a leading proponent of clean fuels research.
"Many who never met him will continue to benefit tremendously by his work to build a better energy future for America," said Charles T. Drevna, longtime friend of Potter and Distinguished Senior Fellow Institute for Energy Research, in a 2012 interview.
The awards are divided into three categories: "Refining Innovator of the Year," "Process Innovator in Petrochemicals," and "Downstream Executive of the Year." The editors of Hart Energy's FUEL and DownstreamBusiness.com will select the winners based on publicly announced technological processes, optimization achievements, research and development milestones, record of innovation, and commitment to innovation. Awards will be presented at the event on December 10.
Downstream Executive Conference attendees will hear from a range of downstream sector experts representing the refining and petrochemical industries.
In addition to Charles T. Drevna, other confirmed speakers include:
- Graeme Burnett, Senior Vice President - Fuel Optimization, Delta Air Lines
- Dan Romasko, President and CEO, Motiva Enterprises LLC
- Joaquim Portela, Senior Vice President - Technology, Lummus Refining and Gasification
- Evan Calio, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- John E. Paisie, Executive Vice President, Stratas Advisors
- Diane Chamberlain, Vice President, Marketing/Tech Service, CRI/Criterion Inc
- John Kneiss, Director - Government Affairs, Stratas Advisors
- Enrique A. Guinand, Principal, A.T. Kearney
- Bernadette Johnson, Managing Partner, Ponderosa Advisors LLC
An early-bird discount for registration for the Downstream Executive Conference is available online until Friday, November 6, 2015. To learn more, view the conference agenda at DownstreamConference.com.
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P, Midstream Business, and FUEL); online news and data services; industry conferences (like the DUG™ series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services. For information, visit hartenergy.com
SOURCE Hart Energy