CONWAY, Ark., June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- First Orion today announced new features to its popular PrivacyStar BlackBerry app. The powerful, yet easy to use application providing unlimited call blocking and reverse caller lookup now has a SmartBlock feature that takes the top blocked numbers from amongst PrivacyStar subscribers and proactively blocks them across its entire user base. A new Do Not Disturb feature allows users to redirect callers to their voicemail while simultaneously sending them a text message acknowledging their call.
PrivacyStar's new SmartBlock function takes the top blocked numbers the PrivacyStar community has blocked and automatically blocks them across its network of subscribers. Now PrivacyStar subscribers can keep known nuisance callers from calling them by selecting SmartBlock in their settings menu. The list of blocked numbers that make up SmartBlock is kept current in accordance with PrivacyStar user activity.
PrivacyStar users will also be able to share the numbers of nuisance callers with their friends. Once an unwanted call is received the PrivacyStar subscriber can choose to include that number in their Privacy List and send that number in an email to a friend. This is particularly helpful when dealing with debt collectors who often target the numbers of an entire family.
For BlackBerry users who want a break from calls, but do not want to block them entirely, PrivacyStar's new Do Not Disturb feature forwards all incoming calls to voicemail while sending a text message to the caller. PrivacyStar subscribers are able to create their own customized text message.
"Our new SmartBlock feature helps our customers avoid harassing callers before they even receive the first call," said Jeff Stalnaker, CEO of First Orion. "Along with the new ability to share the numbers of nuisance callers with friends and family and the Do Not Disturb text message option we aim to consistently grow our portfolio of privacy services."
PrivacyStar provides comprehensive and unlimited call blocking. BlackBerry users can block individual numbers, entire area codes or enter any combination of digits for a truly personalized service. Telemarketers who transmit a string of random numbers or 'spoof' their number in an attempt to fool caller ID can also be blocked. All blocked calls can be managed, including unblocking, from a personal web portal that is automatically synced with the device.
PrivacyStar remains the first and only mobile app that captures detailed information about possible telemarketing violations including date, time, number and identity and makes it easy for users to supply this information to law enforcement authorities for investigation.
PrivacyStar Features and Benefits
- Simple to Use – After receiving an unwanted call, select the number from the call log to add to the Privacy List and that call will be blocked in the future
- Caller Lookup – PrivacyStar Caller Lookup allows a user to identify unknown callers by name and take appropriate action, such as adding to the contacts list or Privacy List
- SmartBlock – Employs crowdsourced data from PrivacyStar users to automatically block the top offenders – kept current according to user activity
- Do Not Disturb – Forwards all incoming calls to voicemail and sends a text message acknowledging the call
- Report Potential Telemarketing Violations – Upon the user's request, PrivacyStar captures detailed information about possible violations including date, time, number and identity. PrivacyStar allows users to easily provide this information to law enforcement authorities so they may take action
- Web Portal – Utilize the fully integrated personal web portal to manage blocked callers (including unblocking), provide additional details on violations and manage the PrivacyStar account
PrivacyStar allows users to lookup callers not in their address book, block unwanted callers, report Do Not Call List violators to authorities and provides capabilities focused on allowing users to take control of their mobile phone. PrivacyStar is available for $2.99 (USD) per month or for discounted semi-annual and annual periods after a free 7-day trial period. BlackBerry users in the United States and Canada can download PrivacyStar at www.PrivacyStar.com, BlackBerry® App World or by texting "myprivacy" to 74700.
About First Orion
First Orion delivers the only network-based privacy and preference service to wireline, wireless, VoIP users and smartphones. First Orion has patented numerous privacy and preference solutions and is based in Conway, Arkansas. The company provides consumers the best in phone privacy solutions.
First Orion and PrivacyStar are registered trademarks of First Orion, Corp. All registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
SOURCE First Orion