LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- First Orion today announced its PrivacyStar™ app for iOS 10 will soon protect iPhone users by identifying and blocking unwanted nuisance calls.
The new PrivacyStar app for iPhone gives users more control over their phones and provides three levels of protection, including:
- Basic - Blocks All Known Scammers
- Enhanced - Blocks All Known Scam, Telemarketing and Debt Collection Calls
- Maximum - Blocks All Known Scam, Telemarketing and Debt Collection Calls as well as Political, Market Research and other unwanted calls
With the introduction of iOS 10 and the CallKit API feature, First Orion enables iPhone users to protect themselves and preserve their privacy. This service has previously only been available to Android users until this iOS update.
U.S. consumers are harassed by over 30 million spam calls a day and First Orion will now give iPhone users the ability to block unwanted calls or texts, and even file a complaint directly with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In fact, First Orion's PrivacyStar is the leading source of call complaint data to the FTC and has filed 31% of all complaints, according to the recent FTC Consumer Sentinel Network Report.
"The PrivacyStar app currently blocks millions of nuisance calls and now iPhone owners can enjoy what Android users have benefited from for some time," said Rob Sewell, VP of Products and Service at First Orion. "When your iPhone rings, you will now know exactly who's calling and why. With the number of spam calls getting worse all the time, this capability is more important than ever."
Free Version - ALL features are available during the 7 day trial period; features available after the 7 day trial has expired:
- Automatically Blocks all Known Scammers
- Known Nuisance Callers will be identified by Caller ID Type (e.g., Telemarketers)
- File a report against any number that will be submitted to the FTC
PRO Version – all FREE features plus:
- Block any phone number
- Caller ID Name displayed for known or suspected nuisance calls (e.g., "Acme" Telemarketing)
- Unlimited Reverse Number Lookup for any phone number providing additional details
- Add Phone Numbers to an Approved List so they will never be blocked
- Automatically Block Known Robocallers
- Automatically Block Calls from Reported Nuisance Callers (e.g., Telemarketers, Robocallers, Political Calls, Surveys, etc.)
- Customize Protection Settings to create a custom blocking profile by selecting any combination of call types
Pricing and Availability
PrivacyStar will soon be available as a FREE download in the Apple App Store, this comes with a 7-day trial of the PRO service. PrivacyStar also offers the PRO Version with additional features available at $0.99 per month. Customers who elect not to subscribe to the PRO version may continue to use the Free service once the trial is completed. PrivacyStar for iPhone will also be released in the United Kingdom later this year.
The PrivacyStar solution includes ScamBlock, Caller ID/YD with Robocall Detection, real-time caller ID and call blocking as well the ability to report abusive calls and texts directly to federal agencies. PrivacyStar is available as a free download for Android smartphones and iPhones and powers call management solutions for many leading mobile carriers. Each month, PrivacyStar blocks millions of calls and files hundreds of thousands of call complaints on behalf of customers directly with the Federal Trade Commission for Do Not Call, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and TCPA (Telecommunications Consumer Protection Act) violations. PrivacyStar is a First Orion company.
About First Orion
First Orion is dedicated to providing phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world-class data. The company helps businesses utilize authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Dallas, Seattle and London.
For regular updates, please visit www.FirstOrion.com.
PrivacyStar and First Orion are registered trademarks of First Orion Corp. All registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/first-orion-launching-privacystar-app-for-ios-10-300329065.html
SOURCE First Orion