VENTURA, Calif., Sept. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- XL Lifts, specializing in zero and low emissions forklifts, today announced it is partnering with Wiggins Lift Company to distribute the Wiggins Yard eBull. The Wiggin's Yard eBull is the first commercialized large capacity, zero-emissions forklift manufactured in the United States.
With capacity from 30,000 to 70,000 lbs., the Wiggins Yard eBull is good for the environment, yet can still meet the heavy-duty needs of industrial companies. Featuring innovative, fast charging lithium ion battery technology from Thor Trucks, the same company selected by UPS to power a portion of its fleet of electric delivery trucks, the eBull can be quickly charged so it can run continuous shifts.
Wiggins' Director of Sales Micah McDowell commented, "We are excited to work with our dealer XL Lifts to bring this exciting innovation to market. With the Yard eBull, companies no longer need to choose between high-performance and energy-efficiency."
"Wiggins Lift Company is revolutionizing the high-capacity, electric forklift industry and I am thrilled to be a part of this exciting movement," said Mike Marzahl, president of XL Lifts. "The first of its kind, the Wiggins Yard eBull will significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and sound pollution, while enabling industrial companies to do their jobs."
"Forklifts are one of the many practical applications of fully-electric powertrains," said Giordano Sordoni, COO of Thor Trucks. "The vehicles stay close to their home base and have access to industrial power, plus the noise reduction and increased efficiency will benefit industrial yards tremendously."
Key benefits of the new Wiggins Yard eBull include:
- Zero Emissions: The eBull is designed to meet even the most stringent clean air and noise reduction mandates, such as those required in California. Zero emissions means it can be safely used inside buildings and ships without fumes, soot or noise.
- No Significant Downtime: The eBull uses advanced quick-charge battery technology for continuous use.
- Innovative High Voltage Lithium Ion Battery Design: The battery packs are designed from the ground up by Thor Trucks for commercial vehicle applications. Focused on reliability, durability, serviceability and safety, the battery packs are rigorously tested for industrial environments.
- Safety: Reverse backup camera, daylight strobes, optional conventional backup alarm and modern white noise generator to alert nearby pedestrians are just a few of the features to keep both operators and pedestrians safe.
- Minimal Maintenance: Five-year life, non-toxic coolant; and long-life all-weather hydraulic fluid make maintenance a snap. Change the air filters on the battery cooling system once a year.
- AutoLube: Minimizes downtime by automatically lubricating key components—mast and carriage bearings, tilt cylinders, steer axle bearings—to ensure smooth operation while saving money.
- Handling: With the lowest center of gravity and the highest tip factor in the industry, Wiggins has set the standard for safety and handling.
- Operator Comfort: A dramatically lower operator console and an AirRide seat significantly improves operator convenience and comfort.
- Easy Service Access: The innovative tilt-cab design of the operator console and engine compartment allows easy access at eye level to the entire powertrain when servicing is needed.
- Enhanced Visibility: With the lowest counter-weight in the industry, rear visibility is dramatically improved, increasing customer and employee safety while protecting other property from damage.
- Wiggins Information Center: The new state of the art IQAN™ System with its adjustable monitor keeps the operator informed about forklift performance and status.
- Corrosion Protection: We know your work environment can be tough on equipment. That's why the Wiggins Yard eBull is built using the latest materials to keep your lift running while extending the life of the equipment, including a stainless steel-coated steer column and critical-area components, as well as zinc-based coatings to prevent rust and corrosion on the mast and chassis.
The new Wiggins Yard eBull is available now and will be showcased for the first time at the Breakbulk Americas Conference Oct. 1-4, 2018 in Houston, TX, booth #1349. Port and terminal operations interested in reducing their carbon footprint and total cost of ownership can visit Wiggins/XL Lifts at Breakbulk Americas 2018 in Houston, Texas on Oct. 2-4, 2018, booth #1349. Experts will be available to answer questions and discuss solutions, including how companies can attain grants to significantly reduce the cost of this new technology. Contact XL Lifts for more information.
About XL Lifts
XL Lifts specializes in zero and low emissions forklifts. XL Lifts also provides consulting, new and used forklifts and other equipment, parts, and maintenance software to some of the biggest marinas, industrial ports and manufacturers worldwide such as SSA Marine at the Port of Stockton, Federal Marine Terminals, Ports of America and Marine Group Boatworks. XL Lifts' line includes diesels, rough terrains, LPG/dual fuel, electric and marina forklifts. More information about XL Lifts can be found at www.xlliftsinc.com.
Aimee L. Quemuel
Wiggins Yard eBull - Zero Emissions Large Capacity Forklift
First high capacity zero emissions forklift
SOURCE XL Lifts