SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global fitness app market size is expected to reach USD 10.9 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., growing at a CAGR of 21.1%. The growth of this market can be attributed to the increasing number of people seeking a health-conscious lifestyle. Innovative health apps help people stay fit and healthy.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Among all app types, the exercise & weight loss segment held the largest share in 2018
- The activity tracking segment is expected to grow at the highest rate from 2019 to 2026
- Among all platforms, iOS accounted for the largest share in 2018; however, the fitness app market for Android is likely to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
- Among all devices, smartphones held the largest share in 2018 as mobile network operators consider mobile health to be an opportunity for investment due to increased adoption of smartphones and rising awareness about health & nutrition
- Among all regions, North America held the largest share in 2018 owing to technological advancements and presence of major players in the region
- Asia Pacific is likely to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
- Adidas; Appster; Fitbit, Inc.; FitnessKeeper; Azumio, Inc.; MyFitnessPal Inc.; Nike; Noom; Under Armour, Inc.; Applico; Aaptiv; and Appinventiv are some of the key players.
Read 100 page research report with TOC on "Fitness App Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Exercise & Weight Loss, Diet & Nutrition, Activity Tracking), By Platform (Android, iOS, Others), By Device, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fitness-app-market
Such apps are perfect for athletics due to wide applications of wearable devices. Athletes often rely on data from these apps and wearable devices. In addition, with increasing awareness about healthy lifestyle, rising number of people are adopting wearable devices.
Players in the market are increasingly focusing on strategies such as partnerships and acquisitions. In November 2013, Under Armour, Inc., a manufacturer of footwear and sports apparel, acquired MapMyFitness, which operates a range of fitness-oriented websites and related mobile applications, for USD 150 million. The apps provided by MapMyFitness are used to track user activities, ranging from gym workout to daily at-home exercises.
Grand View Research has segmented the global fitness app market on the basis of type, platform, devices, and region:
- Fitness App Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Exercise & Weight Loss
- Diet & Nutrition
- Activity Tracking
- Fitness App Platform Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Fitness App Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Wearable Devices
- Fitness App Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Healthcare IT Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Agritourism Market – The agritourism market growth is driven by factors such as the strong demand for family oriented recreational activities provided at an economical cost as compared to other hotel packages.
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market – Growing demand for integrated information systems majorly due to increase in prevalence of chronic diseases and aging population are key drivers for this market.
- Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Market – Increase in demand for automation in laboratories is expected to fuel the adoption of ELN. The benefits such as process optimization, improved regulatory compliance, reduced labor cost, improved data quality and faster delivery are some of the major factors driving the growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.