WAKEFIELD, Mass., Aug. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Water heating is the second-largest expense in the home, accounting for 14-18 percent of the home's utility bill. Homeowners are always looking for ways to maximize energy and cost savings in their homes, and investing in an energy-efficient on-demand water heater could be the key. Greater Boston-based 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, a BBB A+ rated home service company with over 800 5-star reviews online, offers homeowners five reasons to consider replacing a standard water heater with a tankless water heater.
"Think of all the energy we've wasted with our water heaters constantly running," says Ryan Williams, general manager of 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric. "In a large home, it's not unusual for 75 gallons of hot water in a tank to be constantly working to maintain temperature; even while you're at work or away on vacation."
Williams offers the following benefits for homeowners to consider a tankless, on-demand water heater over a traditional system:
- Save money and energy – Tankless water heaters may cost more than a traditional model to install, but the long-term savings could provide an even greater value to the home. One of the greatest advantages includes reducing standby costs, or the costs associated with a tank sitting idle while no one is using it. Tankless, or "on-demand," water heaters heat water only as it is needed once a fixture is turned on. High-efficiency tankless systems are built to use 10 to 50 percent less energy than standard water heaters, making operating costs lower as well.
- Space savings – Going tankless can increase storage options and free up space for other necessities in your home. Traditional water heaters holding 40-60 gallons can be around 5 feet tall and 2 feet wide. A tankless water heater will only take up the space equivalent to a home computer.
- Longer life span – The life span of a tankless water heater is typically longer than any other available water-heating option for the home; including storage tanks, heat pumps and solar powered heaters.
- Cleaner water – The water inside a standard water heater sits stagnant in a storage tank for extended periods of time. Sediment buildup and rust from the tank's interior may result in a contaminated water supply. With a tankless system, water is never held within the confines of a water heater, resulting in a cleaner supply for your home.
- Earn rebates and financing - Depending upon in which city you live in the Boston area, you could be eligible for rebates and financing with approval for choosing a high-efficiency water heater.
For homeowners in the Boston area who would like help in determining if the tankless water heating system is right for their home, the professionals at 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric are ready to assist. For more information on rebate and financing eligibility, please call 1-888-419-4233 or visit www.call128.com.
About 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric
128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, was founded in Wakefield, Massachusetts more than 25 years ago. Since their start, 128 PHCE has expanded and grown to become Eastern Massachusetts' most trusted and consistent plumber, heating and air conditioning service company with over 800 reviews online. For more information, call 888-419-4233 or visit www.call128.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/five-benefits-of-installing-a-tankless-water-heater-in-a-boston-home-300510822.html
SOURCE 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric