MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Health-focused consumers now have a delicious new breakfast choice in cereal to kick-start their New Year's resolutions. Weight Watchers®, the world's leading provider of weight management services, has launched branded great-tasting ready-to-eat cereals. The cereals were introduced at select retailers in October 2014 and starting this month are now available nationwide. The cereals are brought to market with the help of MOM Brands®, the largest family-owned cereal company in the United States, which is licensed to manufacture and distribute the brand.
The new Weight Watchers cereal lineup can help with the hard part of meeting weight management goals while enjoying sensible, yet delicious cereals. The new breakfast cereals available nationwide are:
- Weight Watchers Oat Clusters With Almonds highlights sweetened flakes of corn and wheat, with added granola clusters made with steel cut oats and sliced almonds. The deliciously crispy, crunchy 120-calorie cereal includes 8g of whole grains per serving. (PointsPlus® value of 3 per serving)
- Weight Watchers Whole Grain Honey Nut Toasted Oats cereal is made with real honey and provides 13 essential vitamins and minerals. Low in fat and just 120 calories per serving, it provides 18g of whole grains. (PointsPlus® value of 3 per serving)
- Weight Watchers Frosted Shredded Wheat With Protein features 12 crispy layers of sweetened whole grain wheat. A good source of protein and fiber, it offers 6g of protein, 5g of fiber, 40g of whole grains and 210 calories per serving. (PointsPlus® value of 5 per serving)
- Weight Watchers Oat Clusters With Cherries and Almonds starts with sweetened flakes of corn and wheat with added whole grain oat granola clusters, sliced almonds and real cherries. It provides eight essential vitamins and minerals and has 120 calories per serving. (PointsPlus® value of 3 per serving)
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Frosted Shredded Wheat features 12-layer biscuits that boast 38g of whole grains and provide an excellent source of fiber, with 5g per serving. Made with real chocolate morsels, the 210-calorie cereal also delivers on flavor, providing a chocolaty taste consumers love. (PointsPlus® value of 5 per serving)
High on grocery lists: taste and health
"When it comes to food purchasing decisions, taste and health are high on consumers' grocery lists," said Dorothy Johnson, Weight Watchers brand manager, MOM Brands. "We are excited to give consumers new cereals that they can enjoy eating and will help them lead healthier lifestyles without sacrificing taste and convenience."
According to the International Food Information Council (IFIC), 90 percent of consumers rank taste a key factor in purchases, and 71 percent think about the healthfulness of the foods and beverages they consume1. In addition, quick, convenient options have become the cost of entry in breakfasts today for cereal manufacturers. Cereal remains the No. 2 dry grocery category, with retail sales of $8.7 billion2.
Weight Watchers cereals are now available at retailers across the nation.
For more information on Weight Watchers cereals, visit www.weightwatchers.com/cereal. Consumers can learn more about the simple, straightforward Weight Watchers program to lose weight at www.weightwatchers.com.
WEIGHT WATCHERS on foods and beverages is the registered trademark of WW Foods, LLC. WEIGHT WATCHERS for services and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks are used under license by MOM Brands.
1 International Food Information Council (IFIC), 2014 Food and Healthy Survey, May 15, 2014
2 Nielsen XAOC latest 52 weeks ending Nov. 15, 2014
About MOM Brands
MOM Brands is the largest family-owned cereal company in the United States. The company has produced quality cereal products since 1919 and manufactures many varieties of oatmeal, family-favorite ready-to-eat and natural cereals, as well as its original, farina-based hot cereal. Today, one in 10 servings of breakfast cereal eaten every day is a MOM Brands cereal. Dedicated to finding better ways to make a better breakfast at a better price, MOM Brands is continually innovating to produce, package and transport its cereals in ways that reduce environmental impact. For more information about MOM Brands and its cereal products, visit http://www.MOMBrands.com.
SOURCE MOM Brands