ORLANDO, Fla., March 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Warmer temperatures and the last winter snow signals both the start of a new season, and a new menu at Seasons 52. Launching March 22, Seasons 52's spring menu infuses guest favorites with produce at the peak of freshness – like sweet Meyer lemons, delicate pea tendrils and bright spring asparagus spears.
To celebrate the changing season, Seasons 52 rounded up five of its spring-grown favorites with ways to try it both at home and in restaurant.
Five Fresh Ingredients for Spring
- Meyer Lemon: Somewhere between a true lemon and mandarin orange, the Meyer lemon has a sweeter and more pronounced floral taste. The mildly tangy fruit is in season until late May, and must be carefully sourced as the thin skins make them difficult to transport and store.
Try it: Meyer Lemon Ravioli is a returning favorite at Seasons 52, balancing the light sweetness of Meyer lemon with brown butter, roasted peppers and English peas. The Meyer Lemonade cocktail also brings out the Meyer lemons in a crisp and flavorful drink.
- Asparagus: The arrival of this bright green vegetable is often seen as the first sign of spring. Asparagus sees a short spring season, and the spears are best enjoyed fresh.
Try it: Grilled asparagus is now available as a side dish, with the delicate, earthy flavors offset with a sriracha hollandaise. Asparagus Soup is another light and smooth addition to the menu, featuring fresh asparagus, sweet onions and lemon chantilly cream.
- Fiddlehead Ferns: The tightly coiled tips of this young fern are considered a delicacy, and can only be harvested during a short window in mid-to-late spring before the ferns unfurl. Only three tops per plant are sourced per season in order to protect the plant and avoid overharvesting this rare vegetable.
Try it: Catch them at Seasons 52 starting 3/22, served alongside our Honey & Herb All-Natural Roasted Half Chicken, Wood-Grilled Rack of Lamb or Wood-Grilled Pork Tenderloin. With a crisp texture and flavor somewhere between asparagus and young spinach, fiddlehead ferns make a great addition to the spring vegetable mix.
- Pea Tendrils: Also known as pea shoots, pea tendrils are the young, new shoots of pea plants that are harvested in addition to the pods. With long, curly stems and baby leaves, they offer a mild, sweet and versatile flavor.
Try it: Pea tendrils bring a sweet, earthy flavor to the new Spinach Salad, featuring gorgonzola, spring strawberries, toasted pine nuts and 15-year balsamic drizzle.
- Spring Strawberries: Strawberries are often seen as a summer fruit, but the first fruits actually ripen in spring and are available through the end of August.
Try it: Rich, aromatic and sweet strawberries make the perfect refreshment in the Strawberry Basil Infusion, made with Reyka Small Batch Vodka. Spring strawberries can also be found in the new Spinach Salad.
About Seasons 52:
Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar that offers a seasonal menu inspired by the appeal of a local farmer's market and what's good now. Using ingredients at their peak and rustic cooking techniques, like brick-oven roasting and open-fire grilling over oak and mesquite, Seasons 52 enhances the natural flavors of food. The menu is paired with an ever-changing collection of more than 100 wines, with 52 available by the glass, along with exceptional signature handcrafted cocktails. There's always something new to discover at Seasons 52.
SOURCE Seasons 52