MIAMI, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Flint Mobile, a leading mobile payment service for small businesses, today announced the formal launch of its partner program for ISOs, MSPs and ISVs. Flint reseller and technology partners can offer their customers the only mobile payment solution that eliminates the need for a card reader – instead using the smartphone camera to securely scan card numbers – while also providing invoicing and loyalty services through a single mobile app and online merchant portal.
Early reseller partners include Fidano, a subsidiary of major merchant service provider NXGEN that has seen strong customer adoption since becoming one Flint's first partners last year; Payline Data, a leading merchant services provider; and other leaders in the space. Flint's partner program is also well-suited to software partners offering small business applications like scheduling, accounting, loyalty and mobile shopping cart integration that can benefit from built-in mobile payments.
"Mobile is the fastest-growing category in credit card acceptance. ISOs and MSPs serving small businesses are looking to attract as well as retain customers who now have a range of mobile options that bypass the traditional merchant services channel," said Flint co-founder and CEO Greg Goldfarb. "Flint provides partners with the market's only all-in-one payment, invoicing and loyalty solution without requiring any hardware distribution. This is a platform for significant revenue growth potential."
Flint is exhibiting at Booth #228 at the Winter Mobile Payments Conference that opens today in Miami.
One-Stop Payments, Invoicing & Loyalty
Flint's integrated mobile payment, invoicing and loyalty service targets the more than 17 million independent U.S. businesses that work outside of traditional storefront environments, such as photographers, contractors, IT consultants, health and fitness consultants, and freelancers. Competitive advantages that help partners sell the Flint solution include:
- Mobile payments with no card reader - Card payments can be accepted from a smartphone with no external hardware, using image recognition to read the numbers. No card data or image is stored on the phone. Keyed entry, cash and checks are also supported.
- Instant merchant setup – Merchants register online and begin accepting payments in minutes, and there is no waiting to get a card reader.
- Integrated invoicing and payments– Merchants can create and send invoices to customers via email; allow customers to pay online without waiting for a check or bank transfer; and track invoices and send overdue reminders from Flint's app or merchant portal.
- Integrated coupon generation and redemption - Customized coupon offers can be easily created from the app or merchant portal, seamlessly emailed to customers, and applied to transactions simply by scanning with the Flint app to help drive repeat business.
- Partner-branded customer experience and dedicated support - Partners can get started quickly with customized signup pages for merchants, agent level reporting, partner-friendly terms, and strong technical support.
- Free iPhone or Android app with low rates – The app is free to merchants with fees of only 1.95% per debit card transaction and 2.95% per credit card transaction, including online invoice payments.
"We have been working with Flint since last year and have seen an enthusiastic response from our customers. It simplifies mobile payments, it's easy to use, and the support that Flint offers merchants is excellent," said Thomas Nitopi, CEO of Fidano. "With recent enhancements like integrated invoicing and couponing, Flint is now enabling use cases not available anywhere else in the market, and we expect that to make it even easier to sell to customers."
"The demand for mobile-centric merchant solutions is clearly increasing. We started with a typical product with a swiper, but Flint's ability to eliminate that extra piece of hardware is a major benefit," said Jeff Shea, CEO of Payline Data. "We believe that this gives us an edge that will resonate with our customers and help build the mobile portion of our business."
More information about Flint's partner program is available at www.flint.com/partner.
About Flint Mobile, Inc.
Flint is a mobile payment service for small businesses that makes it easy to accept credit cards and increase customer engagement. Designed for businesses that operate outside of traditional retail stores, Flint's iOS and Android apps allow users to take credit cards without a card reader – by scanning instead of swiping – or via online invoice payments. To facilitate customer loyalty and referrals, the all-in-one platform also offers digital coupons, online social reviews, and a merchant portal for payment tracking, invoice management and more. As a secure Payment Service Provider, Flint also provides instant setup without a merchant account and low transaction fees. Founded in 2011 and based in Redwood City, California, Flint is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors and mobile operators. For more information, visit http://www.flint.com.
SOURCE Flint Mobile