BOCA RATON, Fla., Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The banks are now the villains, says Roy Oppenheim, a real estate attorney since 1989 who started his career on Wall Street and now helps homeowners defend foreclosures. Oppenheim Law announces a special edition foreclosure defense workshop designed to educate the Florida homeowner about their constitutional rights and avoid being a victim of the recent foreclosure bank fraud crisis. As reported in headline news: rocket dockets, robo-signers and an overly aggressive judiciary system have resulted in the current bank fraud "train wreck" that will be addressed in Oppenheim's foreclosure defense workshop.
Florida, hit hard by the housing crisis, is emerging as a central hub of the mortgage-related problems. Learn what the constantly changing foreclosure crisis headlines mean to Florida homeowners and how foreclosure delays have clouded the housing market's long-term outlook for everyone.
"Up until now there was systematic fraud going on in the foreclosure process by the largest banks in the country," says Oppenheim in a video posted exclusively on his South Florida Law Blog. "Now, judges are finally starting to acknowledge that they need to review the files more carefully to determine whether fraud has been involved in each particular case."
What does this mean to the Florida homeowner? Oppenheim shares the latest news, as well as his views on this ever-changing set of events at a free real estate workshop.
- What: Florida Homeowner Foreclosure Fraud Workshop
- When: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- Who: Homeowners facing foreclosure or underwater mortgages, real estate professionals, buyers, sellers and investors
- Where: Oppenheim Law TV or come in person: 95 NW 11th St., Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Cost: Free with advanced registration
- RSVP: To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954.384.6114
If you are a homeowner facing foreclosure, Roy Oppenheim invites you to this workshop to learn about the options concerning strategic default and foreclosure defense.
November's Foreclosure Defense Workshop topics
- What are your rights if the bank used perjured or fraudulent documents in your foreclosure?
- How to survive in a devaluing economy
- Hear the steps to a successful strategic default and strategic foreclosure
- Learn the process of foreclosure and how to fashion your own bailout
- Find out how Oppenheim Law is using the size of the foreclosure crisis against the banks to defend foreclosure and prevent deficiency judgments
- Definition of hardship and how to prove it
SOURCE Oppenheim Law