SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This August 14-16, global leaders in the footwear industry will convene at FN PLATFORM in Las Vegas. A subsidiary of UBM Fashion Group, FN PLATFORM continues to be where buyers and sellers converge to shop and shape the industry. In just six years, FN PLATFORM has grown from 100 exhibitors to over 1,600 exhibiting brands, representing over 30 countries.
Always an exciting and important three days for the industry, this year's FN PLATFORM will be a truly innovative overall experience. Show initiatives will reach beyond transactional lines to integrate interactive activities that will touch all the senses for a modern and all-encompassing feel all under one roof.
"It's a vital component for success in today's business environment to make sure you're in the room. Face-to-face conversations are forging the business deals for our changing times," said Leslie Gallin, President of Footwear at UBM Fashion. "Our trade event is, as I like to say, the 'Davos Summit' for the footwear and fashion business. This is the only event in the world where key leaders and decision makers of the footwear industry convene twice yearly in one place."
CONCERT: Rockers from Steppenwolf, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Santana, Boston
This season's Opening Night concert will feature the band World Classic Rockers made up of original band members:
- Nick St. Nicholas and Michael Monarch from Steppenwolf, Aynsley Dunbar from Journey, Randall Hall from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Greg Walker from Santana, Fran Cosmo from Boston, along with David Colye, Mark Hoyt and Juan Del Castillo as Back-up.
- This concert will take place Monday, August 14th from 6-7pm on the FNP show floor.
ACTOR BLAIR UNDERWOOD LAUNCH
Q by Blair Underwood will launch at FN PLATFORM. The collection is a collaboration between renowned footwear designer, Pasquale, and actor Blair Underwood. The line focuses on designing well-made, yet accessible luxury footwear that allows men to express their personal style. Featuring a modern design with an edge, Q by Blair Underwood is made in Italy and exemplifies Italian craftsmanship.
- In honor of the collection debut, Blair Underwood will host a meet-and-greet at the Pasquale booth (#83119) on Tuesday, August 15 from 1-2pm.
Several installations and interactive experiences will add to the show.
- 'How Espadrilles Are Made:' Artisans from Carvacas, Spain will be crafting Espadrilles by hand in ZEN Lounge.
- Famed French artist, Huit, will create a live painting on site in the IN PLAY lounge.
- PENSOLE Academy will host a student workshop showcasing a special onsite display of graffiti shoe art, featuring sneakers created by students from last season's competition.
- Renowned brand, Hush Puppies celebrates 60 years with a historic footwear installation retrospective.
PITCH YOUR PRODUCT to HSN
The Home Shopping Network (HSN) is coming to FN PLATFORM On Tuesday, August 15th.
- As part of their American Dreams Initiative, a panel of executives, producers and presenters will hear live product pitches from MAGIC exhibitors.
- The pitches will take place from 9-6pm in the FN Cafe. This is open to all MAGIC exhibitors but those interested in participating must apply to give their pitch pre-show.
EMERGING DESIGNER SHOWCASE
FN PLATFORM will debut its first Emerging Designers Showcase this August. It will feature six promising designers hand-selected by FN PLATFORM executives. Participating designers include: Tiannia Barnes, Becki Coackley, Anniel, Frou Frouz, Fringe by Ella & Rubi and Chelsea Paris.
Make-A-Wish and National Shoe Travelers will be launching a charitable campaign on show site. Representatives will be accepting donated airline miles to further support Make-A-Wish's mission. To donate air miles, stop by IN PLAY lounge on August 15th from 2-4pm or donate online at www.wish.org.nst.
FIVE-ON-FIVE WITH FOOTWEAR NEWS
Footwear News brings together five footwear industry influencers for an open discussion about what's happening in fashion, embracing the new consumer and where the footwear industry is going. Tuesday, August 15 2-3pm, FN PLATFORM, Bond Lounge. Participants include:
- Eileen Tetreault, Sr. Director of Fashion Strategy – Zappos.com
- Gillian Meek, President – Keds USA
- Andrew Kiernan, Global Director, SVP, President – United Nude
- Seth Campbell, Sr. Vice President of Business Development – BBC International LLC
- Albin Johansson, Co-Founder & CEO – Axel Arigato
- National Shoe Retailers Association kicks off with 'Retail Isn't Dead' and 'Where Ideas Come From.'
- Beginning Sunday, August 13th the NRSA opens with inspiring and educational programs topical to the footwear industry. Register online at www.nsra.org.
- FDRA returns with their live podcast "Shoe In."
- Seminars from Susquehanna Financial Group, the NPD Group and California Fashion Association.
- Last season's trend forecaster Wendy Bendoni who had a standing room only seminar will return to brief us on top footwear trends for the upcoming season.
Top names from France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, UK, and Turkey will be sending their best of the best to the show.
New brands to FN PLATFORM include Danner, Chie Mihara, Les Tropeziennes, Hotter, Reef, Castaner, Vionic Beach, SeaVees, and Frances Valentine.
NAVIGATE THE SHOW
Broken into six distinct lifestyle neighborhoods for all footwear categories:
- BLACK DIAMOND - Luxury Women's Footwear Collections
- COSMO - Women's Fashion Footwear
- CAMP - Women's and Men's Casual Lifestyle & Advanced Contemporary Footwear
- BOND – Bespoke Footwear for the Modern Man
- IN PLAY- Children's and Junior's Footwear
- ZEN – The Crossroads of Footwear Style and Comfort
FN PLATFORM is the pillar for branded footwear featuring men's, women's, junior's and children's footwear from more than 20 countries. For additional information, please visit www.ubmfashion.com/shows/fn-platform.
About FN PLATFORM
Launched in February 2010 under the direction of UBM Fashion Group, President of Footwear Leslie Gallin, FN PLATFORM is North America's most influential footwear business forum - where the leaders and innovators converge to shape the industry, shop and sell shoes. Connecting the global fashion community at a single gathering, FN PLATFORM showcases the full spectrum of branded footwear — for men, women, juniors and children, across all categories, price points and trends. The carefully curated selections of established and emerging brands segmented into easy-to-navigate lifestyle neighborhoods offer attendees a comprehensive one-stop shop opportunity that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. For more information, please visit www.ubmfashion.com/shows/fn-platform.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion, technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and power sports, healthcare, veterinary and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. The division also includes UBM Brazil's market leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics & international trade, and agricultural production; and UBM Mexico's, construction, advanced manufacturing and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
SOURCE FN PLATFORM