LOS ANGELES, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FN PLATFORM, the national shoe event, returns this August with its most robust and comprehensive show to date; up 30 percent from last August and double digit increases in buyer registration. FN PLATFORM also features significant international growth with expansion across all footwear categories. This year's FN PLATFORM will feature over 1600 brands, 800 of which will not be seen at any other show in Las Vegas.
"As international brands continue to see robust retail sales here in the USA, they are attending FN PLATFORM in record numbers to gain market exposure and take advantage of our large retailer audience," said Leslie Gallin, Vice President Footwear, and Advanstar. "This August will be our strongest show to date."
Increased international brand presence includes Japan, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and Great Britain. FN PLATFORM will feature several new exhibits and activities such as a "British Invasion Pavilion" dedicated to showcasing the best of Britain, with five brands from the UK alongside an art installation of 20 additional UK exhibiting brands from the show floor. Six Japanese brands will also make their show debut in the new Japan Pavilion – Springle, LPD, Lecostyle, Verb Creation, UBIQ and B by Aperire.
In addition to the increased international presence, FN PLATFORM's "Made in USA" program has been launched in response to the heightened interest in products made in the USA. The program enables buyers to quickly identify vendors on the show floor through newly designed icons. The USA icons will identify brands such as Sebago, Isaac Mizrahi Socks, Born and others.
"FN PLATFORM is responding to requests from retailers and consumers for information on footwear 'Made in America'," said Gallin.
Show Highlights Include:
- New Brands – Men's footwear is coming on strong. Brands making their debut include Moschino Men's, Carlos Santos, Boemos, Voile Blanche, Greg Norman Footwear, and more. Women's brands new to the show include Grey Mer, Santoni, Loeffler Randall, Coclico, Hunter Boot, Keen, etc.
- Seminars – As part of the show's commitment to provide industry insight and educational offerings geared toward the footwear community, FN PLATFORM will host several seminars including "Modern Pulse Forum – Secrets to success in the US Marketplace," "The USRA (United Shoe Retailer Association) Great Shoe'nited States Debate: Retailers and Vendors Discuss Partnering for Success" and Sterne Agee, one of the oldest private investments firms in the US will host - "Retailing in China, The New Frontier." Full seminar listing available at http://www.magiconline.com/seminars.
- Pensole Footwear Academy – Ten finalists from Pensole Footwear Academy will be selected for FN PLATFORM's "Future of Footwear Awards." Students will participate in crafting prototype shoes out of clay, providing a 3D understanding to how the next generation approaches design. Noted industry experts will vote for one winner in five categories and those designers will be crowned the 2012 Pensole Future of Footwear by FN PLATFORM and receive a scholarship to the Academy. For more information visit – www.futureoffootwear.com
- Footwear News Influencer Lounge – FOOTWEAR NEWS booth will be blogger-central starring the hottest footwear bloggers reporting on trends and posting live. Bloggers include Megan Cleary / ShoeareYou.com, Rachel Schwartzman/ LeStyleChild.com, Olivia Lopez / LustForLife.com, and more. The area will also serve as a hub for exhibitors and attendees to meet with social influencers to ask questions and learn about social media strategies and tactics.
- Opening Night Party – An Americana-themed BBQ kicks off FN PLATFORM, complete with the Star Spangler's square-dancing troupe, pie-eating contest, hot dogs and cotton candy and good ole fashion fun.
About FN PLATFORM
FN PLATFORM, the shoe show at MAGIC, launched in February 2010 under the direction of Advanstar VP, Footwear Leslie Gallin, and quickly became the largest and most comprehensive collection of branded footwear in North America. FN PLATFORM is comprised of five unique lifestyle environments showcasing distinctive market categories: Cosmo (women's fashion footwear), Camp (athleisure, lifestyle casual), Bond (men's collections), Zen (men's and women's euro-comfort), and InPlay (junior's and children's). FN PLATFORM takes place during MAGIC from August 21–23, 2012, at The Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, please visit www.fnplatform.com.
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for the most influential event in the business – MAGIC. As an incubator of fashion, MAGIC is where new trends surface and develop into what will be seen on the consumer. The show's goal is to connect and inspire the fashion community. The August 2012 MAGIC will run from August 20 – 23, 2012. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling, travel support and registration information please visit www.magiconline.com.
SOURCE MAGIC International