DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Focus Rally: America is launching into high gear today as the six rally teams begin their adventure in Miami. The first video webisode of the rally will post on www.Hulu.com on Saturday evening, Feb. 5
- The Focus rally also will take center stage during the "Focus Rally: America Pre-Kick" before the Super Bowl Sunday on FOX at 6 p.m. EST; two spots featuring the rally will invite viewers to participate in Ford's social media campaign at www.focusrally.com
- Focus Rally: America will take audience interactivity to a new level; interactive social media elements will allow viewers to not only follow along in real time but to participate virtually in challenges during the rally and even impact how the game plays out
Ford is taking its groundbreaking interactive road rally – Focus Rally: America, launching today in Miami – to one of the biggest stages in the world Sunday on the "Focus Rally: America Pre-Kick" at 6 p.m. EST on FOX, immediately preceding Super Bowl XLV.
"Raising consumer awareness about the new 2012 Focus via Focus Rally: America is our top priority right now," said Matt VanDyke, Ford's director of U.S. Marketing Communications. "That is why we jumped at the opportunity to get the Focus rally into the Super Bowl Pre-Kick show."
Three unique spots will run during the show, including two for Focus Rally: America. A 30-second and 60-second ad will introduce the rally teams and will also offer a call to action for viewers to get engaged with the interactive social media program online at www.focusrally.com. A third ad during Pre-Kick will feature the Ford F-150 with the new EcoBoost™ engine.
Ford's unique approach to promoting this campaign is a top priority, and follows the special announcement on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" last night, when the participating teams found out where their adventure would begin.
Viewers can join in the fun
During Focus Rally: America, teams will rely on friends, fans and followers to help complete challenges during the cross-country road rally. World Cup and Olympic gold medal winner Jonny Moseley will serve as the host of the show, which will run for five weeks.
Fans of Focus Rally: America can get involved in several ways. They can view the nightly video webisodes on www.Hulu.com beginning Saturday evening to see highlights of that day's rally. At www.focusrally.com, they can follow the rally live and interact with rally teams while on the road. Additionally, they can join in the rally competition by registering as a supporter of one of the teams and then assisting that team to complete tasks and challenges throughout the rally.
These registered "virtual team members" will earn points through daily interaction on www.focusrally.com, with some fans being rewarded with experiences to join in the rally personally along the way, similar to the six that were chosen to head to Miami. Additionally, eight 2012 Ford Focus vehicles will be awarded to fans and followers through the rally.
More than 10,000 people have already signed up to support their favorite team. Early data on these registered participants show that the program is drawing a diverse group of fans from both an age and geographic perspective. The top three markets generating followers are California, Illinois and New York.
Introducing the cast
Six teams will compete against each other to win the title of Focus Rally: America champion. The winning team will receive a grand prize of $100,000, and both team members will receive a new 2012 Ford Focus. The teams, named after the color of the Focus they will be driving, are:
- Team Ingot Silver: Jeff Nash, 29, and Margot Baill, 27, both from Chicago; dating. Margo is a product development manager and Jeff owns his own bar
- Team Yellow Blaze: Bryn Drescher, 33, originally from Essex, U.K., and Donna Ruko, 33, both now residing in Los Angeles; friends. Bryn is a life coach and Donna is a lounge host/supervisor
- Team Red Candy: Brittany Boddington, 25, from Northridge, Calif., and Matt Farah, 28, from Redondo Beach, Calif.; friends. Brittany is a writer, model and bartender and Matt is an automotive video host
- Team Blue Candy: Adam Lustick, 27, and Clayton Early, 28, both from Brooklyn, N.Y.; friends. Adam is a comedian and caterer and Clayton is a director of student affairs
- Team Black: Benjamin Kemp, 28, from Philadelphia, and Michael Pericolosi, 25, from Lumberton, N.J.; friends and band members. Benjamin is in marketing and event planning and Michael is a bartender and trainer
- Team Sterling Grey: John Jung, 28, and Carolyn Bee, 24, both from Seattle; co-workers. John and Carolyn are both advertising account managers
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company