Oct 27, 2020, 13:17 ET
The locally curated art series will be featured in New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Philadelphia and Toronto; Designed in collaboration with artists from the respective cities
NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Foot Locker kicks off the first of six art installations in a multi-city sneaker and basketball celebration, set to be featured in New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Philadelphia and Toronto. Local designers from each respective city – Ndubisi Okoye, Esmaa Mohamoud, Laci Jordan, Mr. Flower Fantastic and Distortedd – will showcase their love of the game and hometown pride through their unique and distinct artistic mediums.
As a brand with a long-standing heritage within sneaker and basketball culture, Foot Locker commissioned these local art installations to spotlight elements of the game through the lens of the artists; allowing them to highlight their own artistic expression of the game. Foot Locker is championing the love of basketball with this creative series to celebrate the game we love, the culture that surrounds it and the communities that support it – while continuing to offer access to the unique looks, the hottest drops and the culture curators inspired by it.
Foot Locker's Celebration of Sneaker & Basketball Culture Art Installations:
- Oct. 27: Detroit Art Installation unveiled – Created By: Ndubisi Okoye
- Location: Fred Butzel Playfield (10500 Lyndon St, Detroit, MI 48238)
- Oct. 28 – Nov. 11: Toronto Art Installation unveiled – Created By: Esmaa Mohamoud
- Location: Stackt Market 28 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5V 0C6, Canada
- Oct. 30 – Nov.11: LA Art Installation unveiled – Created By: Laci Jordan
- Location: Leimert Park (Crenshaw Family YMCA 3820 Santa Rosalia Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90008)
- Nov. 10: NYC Art Installation unveiled – Created By: Mr Flower Fantastic
- Location to be confirmed
- Week of Nov.9: Philly Art Installations unveiled – Created By: Distortedd
- Barnard Samuel Playground (3539 Gaul St. Philadelphia, PA 19134)
- Waterview Recreation Center (5826 McMahon St, Philadelphia, PA 19144)
"Recognizing the unique year it has been and witnessing the passion, creativity, content and love for the game of basketball prevail – despite the challenges – we wanted to create something to commemorate that," said Richard McLeod, Vice President of Marketing for Foot Locker, North America. "These local works of art are a continued celebration of our community's passion for the culture of basketball."
For more information on Foot Locker's local art installations follow the brand's regional channels on Instagram at @footlockerdetroit, @footlockercanada, @footlockerla, @footlockernyc and @footlockerphilly, using #BecauseSneakers.
About Foot Locker:
Foot Locker, Inc. is a specialty athletic retailer that operates approximately 3,100 stores in 27 countries as well as websites and mobile apps, under the brand names Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, Eastbay, Runners Point and Sidestep. With its various marketing channels and experiences across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, the Company's purpose is to inspire and empower youth culture around the world, by fueling a shared passion for self-expression and creating unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities.
Additional information may be found at footlocker.com | Twitter: @footlocker | Instagram: @footlocker | YouTube: youtube.com/footlocker | Facebook: facebook.com/footlocker
SOURCE Foot Locker, Inc.
Share this article