AUSTIN, Texas, July 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Global cybersecurity leader Forcepoint today announced strong momentum for its Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) product, driven by enterprise customers adopting its efficient, evasion-resistant solution and by market recognition including:
- Forcepoint designated a Visionary in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls, a significant improvement in position on both the Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute axes since last year. Forcepoint moved from a Niche Player to being positioned highest for ability to execute within the Visionaries quadrant.
- Recent accolades from NSS Labs' report on NGFW overall security effectiveness, where Forcepoint NGFW achieved the highest rating of all 10 vendors tested.
- A growing number of global enterprises are implementing Forcepoint firewalls, which combat escalating threats and are designed to reduce operational complexity within a human-centric security system. Customers that have selected Forcepoint NGFW security products include Conduent, Siam Commercial Bank, and ESPO Systems.
"Working patterns today are fluid, with mobile workforces, cloud adoption, local internet breakouts all impacting a corporate network," said Antti Reijonen, vice president and general manager of the Network Security business at Forcepoint. "Gartner's assessment is a great proof of the momentum building on the market place around the Forcepoint NGFW solution."
Reijonen continued, "We believe Forcepoint's position within the Gartner Visionaries Quadrant, and the other industry commendations we have recently received, validate the differentiation of our human-centric network security approach that connects and protects users and critical business data. We enable true enforcement of cybersecurity business policies throughout enterprise networks – from data centers and the edge out to branch locations and the cloud."
Simplified firewall upgrades free up time for management
For Conduent, the world's largest business services company, Forcepoint's NGFW saved significant time in applying upgrades, ensuring that networks, web, email and cloud applications were consistently protected against threat.
Denys Foley, risk and compliance manager, Conduent says, "As a company that develops trusted business processes for our clients, it's important that our security solutions are consistent. Forcepoint is consistent, secure and efficient for an enterprise like us."
In April 2017 Forcepoint announced updates to Forcepoint NGFW software, adding support for the new cloud-based Forcepoint Advanced Malware Detection service. The combination of Forcepoint NGFW and advanced malware detection capabilities provides open, unobstructed access to critical data and intellectual property everywhere while reducing risk of zero-day attacks and other emerging threats.
Vision and differentiated technology combine for enterprise efficiency
Siam Commercial Bank PCL is one of Thailand's leading universal banks with the highest market capitalization among Thai financial institutions. Its customers need reliable banking services across a variety of endpoints, and Forcepoint is helping the bank achieve its goals.
"With our distributed network and services, we count on Forcepoint NGFW for high availability and interoperability. We have been extremely satisfied with how the solution has helped our organization, and feel that Forcepoint has the innovative network security solutions in place to help us in era of digital transformation," says Surinpon Aramkul, manager IT of network security at Siam Commercial Bank.
ESPO Systems provides deployment services for cutting edge cybersecurity solutions. ESPO Systems and Forcepoint have partnered together to deliver network security solutions as part of a managed security services provider (MSSP) offering to customers across North America.
"What sets Forcepoint NGFW apart from the rest is the centralized management and high availability. Their human-centric solutions help our customers protect users, critical data and IP. ESPO Systems is very confident that Forcepoint has the innovative network security solutions in place for us to continue to grow together," says Brian Quade, VP of operations at ESPO Systems.
- In a recent whitepaper requested by Forcepoint, IDC reported that Forcepoint NGFW solutions deliver a 510 percent return on investment over five years, with a 73 percent faster incident response rate, 70 percent faster implementation time and 53 percent less time spent by network security IT staff in managing the product.
- Read the Forcepoint Insights blogs from our NGFW product and executive team
- Download a complimentary copy of the 2017 Gartner Report Title
- Learn more about Next Generation Firewall with our product video.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people's intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Join Forcepoint on Social Media
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/forcepoint-recognized-as-a-visionary-in-gartner-magic-quadrant-for-enterprise-network-firewalls-300488759.html